John Scholes

Stephen Taylor

Feb 18, 2019, 5:56:22 AM2/18/19
to iverson-co...@googlegroups.com, Eric Iverson, Stefano Lanzavecchia, BAA London, Paul Mansour, Dhrusham Patel, Charles Skelton, Kai Jaeger, Roger Hui, Tim Thornton, Chris Burke
John Scholes died of a heart attack early this morning.

There will be a funeral at Caversham; details when I have them.

We shall not see his like again.

Stephen

Romilly Cocking

Feb 18, 2019, 8:55:55 AM2/18/19
to baa-l...@googlegroups.com, iverson-co...@googlegroups.com, Eric Iverson, Stefano Lanzavecchia, Paul Mansour, Dhrusham Patel, Charles Skelton, Kai Jaeger, Roger Hui, Tim Thornton, Chris Burke
Thanks, Stephen.

I had great affection for John, as well as great respect for his abilities.

personal:@romillyc work:@rareblog skype:romilly.cocking web:http://blog.rareschool.com/

pe...@cyriax.me.uk

Feb 18, 2019, 12:23:07 PM2/18/19
to iverson-co...@googlegroups.com, Eric Iverson, Stefano Lanzavecchia, BAA London, Paul Mansour, Dhrusham Patel, Charles Skelton, Kai Jaeger, Roger Hui, Tim Thornton, Chris Burke

​Very Sad... but thanks for letting us all know.

Peter

Feb 23, 2019, 4:21:05 PM2/23/19
to BAA London

Michael hughes

Feb 23, 2019, 4:21:50 PM2/23/19
to BAA London
I heard this from Flora today - she asked me to pass it on

Dear friends & family of our beloved John

We will be holding a service at Reading Crematorium, followed by a remembrance wake to celebrate his life on Monday 4th March.

  • 3:00pm - please arrive at Reading Crematorium | All Hallows Rd, RG4 5LP
  • 3:15pm - John will join us, by Harley Davidson
  • 4:00pm - reception room 1 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel | Caversham Bridge, Richfield Ave, RG1 8BD (a 10min drive from the crematorium)

In place of flowers and cards, we'd love it if you would consider donating to a charity close to him in recent years: www.justgiving.com/John-Scholes

If you are thinking of attending, please kindly let us know by replying to this email, so we can get an idea of numbers for catering etc. By   26 Tues

And finally, we've chosen a simple and beautiful, eco-friendly cardboard casket. If you'd like to send a small note, a mildly inappropriate doodle or even a bit of programming to place onto it, please scan and email to ja...@hotwolf.co by Thursday 28th Feb (or post to: Jamie Scholes, 8 Shrewsbury Rd, Surrey RH16BH, to arrive before Thursday).

With love and thanks,

Flora