BAA-London - November Symposium

Phil Last

Nov 8, 2018, 2:41:04 PM11/8/18
to BAA London
BAA-London - November Symposium
----------------
BAA-London - the London based discussion group for the APL family of array languages.

The November Symposium is due to be held on Friday 30 at:

The Hoop and Grapes
80 Farringdon Street
London
EC4A 4BL

http://www.google.com/maps?q=Hoop+and+Grapes+Farringdon+Street

Upstairs room  booked from 14.30 'til 17.30. Meet earlier downstairs for a pre-event drink and/or a chat.
----------
Agenda
Solving all the world's problems (with APL.) unless anyone has something more important.

This will be our 10th Anniversary or to be more precise the last Friday of the month ten years since the month in which we had our first (0th?) meeting.
Having announced it as such last month and having received a plaudit at the recent Dyalog'18 ConfUser meeting I feel a bit of a fraud because I can't come.
'though to be honest not much is expected of us as Paul's description had us as not much more than a bunch of drunks.

Have a great time.
-----------------------------
Next - 25 January and the last Friday of all subsequent months except December.
------------------------------
Suggestions and discussion of agenda for this and further symposiums please to:
http://groups.google.com/group/baa-london/topics
------------------------------
Please feel free to cross-post this announcement to other forums where others might be interested and re-post it if you add anything.

Ray Cannon

Nov 10, 2018, 10:21:03 AM11/10/18
to baa-l...@googlegroups.com
I very much hope to be coming this month. See you all there
Ray
> --

---

pe...@cyriax.me.uk

Nov 10, 2018, 4:08:56 PM11/10/18
to baa-l...@googlegroups.com
I intend to come.

Peter
Nov 14, 2018, 6:24:36 PM11/14/18
to BAA London
Hi

I posted this to Phil on a defunct email address (sorry Phil - have made a note of the valid one now) and he suggested I post it here.

If no one else offers anything and you think it might be interesting.
Chris and I are happy to re-run either or both of our Belfast presentations.

WPF/UWP and Xaml on the Web
and/or
[]WC on the Web

We won't be offended if there is no interest and we will still come to enjoy the meeting.

Best regards
Michael

If anyone is interested please let us know :-)

Walter Fil

Nov 15, 2018, 12:24:24 AM11/15/18
to baa-l...@googlegroups.com
It's my turn to go to Japan. I will be there from end-November to
mid-December, among other things, attending Siggraph Asia 2018, so I
won't be able to come.

I'm starting a new job in London hopefully right after the new year
and expect to come to meetings regularly starting January 2019.

Regards, Walter Fil

mjh8...@gmail.com

Nov 15, 2018, 7:52:43 PM11/15/18
to BAA London

crishog

Nov 16, 2018, 2:16:56 PM11/16/18
to BAA London

John Jacob

Nov 20, 2018, 1:00:59 PM11/20/18
to baa-l...@googlegroups.com
Sounds very interesting Mike.

I'll be sure to set up for a Webinar for this meet.
Kind regards John Jacob

Stephen Taylor

Nov 24, 2018, 5:59:45 PM11/24/18
to baa-l...@googlegroups.com
I’ll be there, if jetlag permits.

John Jacob

Nov 28, 2018, 5:12:08 AM11/28/18
to baa-l...@googlegroups.com
FYI Paul Grosvenor is intending to attend this month,
Kind regards John Jacob

Phil Last

Nov 28, 2018, 5:31:03 AM11/28/18
to BAA London
My re-iterated apologies for missing this auspicious event. Have a great time.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/baa-london.

John Jacob

Nov 28, 2018, 7:32:53 AM11/28/18
to baa-l...@googlegroups.com

The details for the Webinar are as follows for anyone wishing to Join remotely.

Expected start time will be around 14:30-14:45 on 30th November. Technology permitting.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/177134863

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,177134863# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,177134863# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 177 134 863
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/Wr3NZ

Kind regards John Jacob

Stephen Taylor

Nov 29, 2018, 8:25:48 AM11/29/18
to baa-l...@googlegroups.com
My mum’s been taken in to hospital. I’ll be out of town tomorrow. Will take a laptop and see if I can join you.

Stephen

John Jacob

Nov 30, 2018, 4:32:21 AM11/30/18
to baa-l...@googlegroups.com
Hoping to show sample articles as formatted for the new online Vector Archive.
I will be hoping for some feedback from the group.
Kind regards John Jacob