BAA-London - September Symposium

Phil Last

Sep 14, 2019, 5:33:46 PM9/14/19
to BAA London
BAA-London - September Symposium
----------------
BAA-London - the London based discussion group for the APL family of array languages.

The September Symposium is due to be held on Friday 27 at:

The Hoop and Grapes
80 Farringdon Street
London
EC4A 4BL

http://www.google.com/maps?q=Hoop+and+Grapes+Farringdon+Street

Upstairs room  booked from 14.30 'til 17.30. Meet earlier downstairs for a pre-event drink and/or a chat.
----------
Agenda
Solving all the world's problems (with APL.) unless anyone has something more important.
-----------------------------
Next - 25 October and the last Friday of all subsequent months except December.
------------------------------
Suggestions and discussion of agenda for this and further symposiums please to:
http://groups.google.com/group/baa-london/topics
------------------------------
Please feel free to cross-post this announcement to other forums where others might be interested and re-post it if you add anything.

Phil Last

Sep 14, 2019, 5:36:44 PM9/14/19
to BAA London
I can't make it this month for family arrangements.

michael

Sep 16, 2019, 3:36:39 PM9/16/19
to baa-l...@googlegroups.com
Nor me I'm still in France

Sent from Samsung Mobile on O2

Ellis Morgan

Sep 21, 2019, 7:51:45 AM9/21/19
to baa-l...@googlegroups.com

Sorry, I am in Cambridge that day. Ellis

John Jacob

Sep 25, 2019, 10:15:40 AM9/25/19
to baa-l...@googlegroups.com, Phil Last
I am planning on attending will anyone else be going?
Kind regards John Jacob

crishog

Sep 25, 2019, 11:02:23 AM9/25/19
to BAA London
As I missed the last one I was planning on being there

Lander López

Sep 25, 2019, 11:07:22 AM9/25/19
to baa-l...@googlegroups.com
I'll be attending too.

Ray Cannon

Sep 25, 2019, 12:06:54 PM9/25/19
to baa-l...@googlegroups.com
I am planning on attending (along with my newest virtual ants).

Ray

On 25/09/2019 15:15, John Jacob wrote:
> I am planning on attending will anyone else be going?
>
> Kind regards John Jacob
>
> On 14/09/2019 22:33, Phil Last wrote:
>> BAA-London - September Symposium
>> ----------------
>> BAA-London - the London based discussion group for the APL family of
>> array languages.
>>
>> The September Symposium is due to be held on Friday 27 at:
>>
>> The Hoop and Grapes
>> 80 Farringdon Street
>> London
>> EC4A 4BL
>>
>> http://www.google.com/maps?q=Hoop+and+Grapes+Farringdon+Street
>> <http://www.google.com/maps?q=Hoop+and+Grapes+Farringdon+Street>
>>
>> Upstairs room?? booked from 14.30 'til 17.30. Meet earlier downstairs
>> for a pre-event drink and/or a chat.
>> ----------
>> Agenda
>> Solving all the world's problems (with APL.) unless anyone has
>> something more important.
>> -----------------------------
>> Next - 25 October and the last Friday of all subsequent months except
>> December.
>> ------------------------------
>> Suggestions and discussion of agenda for this and further symposiums
>> please to:
>> http://groups.google.com/group/baa-london/topics
>> <http://groups.google.com/group/baa-london/topics>
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/baa-london/5fb721e5-ad1f-6dca-55c2-b5d5393b5805%40johnbutlerassociates.ltd.uk
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/baa-london/5fb721e5-ad1f-6dca-55c2-b5d5393b5805%40johnbutlerassociates.ltd.uk?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

---

Ziggi Paul

Sep 27, 2019, 1:19:30 AM9/27/19
to baa-l...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I will be there, have a whole day planned around it

See you there
Ziggi

michael

Sep 27, 2019, 2:28:12 AM9/27/19
to baa-l...@googlegroups.com
I'm still in france fending off big non virtual ants :-)

Sent from Samsung Mobile on O2

Sep 27, 2019, 7:40:10 AM9/27/19
to baa-l...@googlegroups.com
Scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: BAA London Symposium
Time: This is a recurring meeting Meet anytime

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/177134863

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,177134863# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,177134863# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 177 134 863
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/arUINQVrG

Please keep these detail for future reference. They will not change without a further notice.

Kind regards John Jacob

Lander López

Oct 11, 2019, 5:58:30 PM10/11/19
to baa-l...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris, great meeting you the other day. Would you mind sending me the details for the other venue it was discussed, the one close to the pub?
I want to check it out for some other Scala conference happening in December.

See you in our next meetup.

Cheers,
Lander Lopez

crishog

Lander López

Oct 12, 2019, 3:56:56 PM10/12/19
to baa-l...@googlegroups.com
Thank you! It's a really catchy venue name for a PL venue, unfortunately, it is a bit too small for our needs. I was under the impression
they had a bigger hall other than the rooms we saw but it seems that that's it. Sill great for the APL event though!
Cheers,
Lander

On Sat, 12 Oct 2019 at 09:04, crishog <goo...@4xtra.com> wrote:

IT is the other side of Smithfields Market, which Jake & Ziggi thought was a longer walk than I claimed it was, but judge for yourself :-)

On Friday, 11 October 2019 22:58:30 UTC+1, Lander López wrote:
Hi Chris, great meeting you the other day. Would you mind sending me the details for the other venue it was discussed, the one close to the pub?
I want to check it out for some other Scala conference happening in December.

See you in our next meetup.

Cheers,
Lander Lopez

On Wed, 25 Sep 2019 at 16:02, crishog <goo...@4xtra.com> wrote:
As I missed the last one I was planning on being there

On Wednesday, 25 September 2019 15:15:40 UTC+1, John Jacob (Jake) wrote:
I am planning on attending will anyone else be going?
Kind regards John Jacob

crishog

Oct 13, 2019, 10:16:44 AM10/13/19
to BAA London
The largest room is the livery hall itself, which isn't huge compared to many places, but as you say this venue will do for our meeting & give us some room to expand.

The last London based APL meeting of a larger size was at https://www.thersa.org/ - which is over towards Charing Cross station, off the Strand

On Saturday, 12 October 2019 20:56:56 UTC+1, Lander López wrote:
[...]

Lander López

Oct 14, 2019, 4:43:40 PM10/14/19
to baa-l...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, the space looks amazing, and the 220 auditorium, it's close to the numbers we're expecting. Do you remember roughly what was the cost of hiring the venue?
Were you hiring the big room?

Kind regards,
Lander

On Sun, 13 Oct 2019 at 15:16, crishog <goo...@4xtra.com> wrote:
[...]

crishog

Oct 15, 2019, 3:10:19 AM10/15/19
to BAA London
We had a suite of rooms at the front of the building not the auditorium & alas I didn't organise it so I don't know the costs.

I used to be a Fellow, but currently I'm not, so I don't have any insider information, except that the vaults restaurant is very good & the Great Room (if a meeting is not in progress) is well worth a visit
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to baa-london+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Lander López

Oct 15, 2019, 6:29:17 AM10/15/19
to baa-l...@googlegroups.com
Thank you! I'll check it out.

See you in a few weeks if you are attending,
Cheers