Electric Train coming in February.

pH

Dec 14, 2019, 12:42:02 AM12/14/19
Ha! Bait and switch...it's being touted as a Hydrogen
fuel cell powered train, so that really makes it electric.

It might be this:
https://www.railwayage.com/passenger/light-rail/sbcta-first-u-s-hydrogen-fuel-cell-mu/
Since the German Alstrom brand is bigger.

Wife Becky found this out. For some reason the SCRTC is keeping
it under wraps--maybe for a re-election boost surprise for Leopold, District 1.

It will supposedly be around Feb. to mid-Mar. 2020 making treks from
Capitola/Soquel (TBD) to Santa Cruz.

The idea was that maybe people would like it because it's quiet and be willing
to pay for it. (!! -- yes, tax us more.)

The tracks are still out outside of Watsonville so the plan is to have a
photo op stop in Wats. then flatbed it to duty wherever they decide to
put it. That's why I don't think it will be the Alstrom: it'll have to
be truckable.

When I'm dictator we'll be restoring train service to Boulder Creek,
all the places it used to go in the Salinas Valley and beyond.

pH