Sorry

steve.th...@gmail.com

Oct 17, 2018, 11:19:25 PM10/17/18
So I was thinking about shooting some people in the face today, but I realized that was anti-social so I didn't do it. But the thought made me think of Tim May, because some people really ought to be shot in the face. So from Tim May I naturally think of ba.mountain-folk, and I remember that I've got this neat ol' software asteroid that I accidentally set on a collision course with Earth. It's the sort of thing that could happen to anyone, and once I realized it seemed to be headed for Sunnyvale I felt a bit morose. I like Sunnyvale, vicariously, and California generally. Anyhow, the software asteroid is something of a monster now as I wasn't much of a father while it was still just a boulder. Mea culpa. But as there is some small uncertainty associated with its projected impact and I thought of all of you, whom I don't really know, but who might be affected if things don't go quite exactly right. So at about 16:43 GMT, April Twentieth of this year, you might make a point of averting your eyes from the cloudcover just in case there is a flash that might put you at some risk of latent eye-damage. Amateur astronomers who might wish to observe the phenomenon with the proper gear may contact me by email to obtain the requisite specifics.

Thanks guys, and don't stop banging the rocks together. You know it's going to be a winning strategy someday.