Google Группы больше не поддерживают новые публикации и подписки в сети Usenet. Опубликованный ранее контент останется доступен.

Ellen Pao run Reddit bans forums harassing gays, the obese and blacks

2 просмотра

Chink Stink

не прочитано,
3 окт. 2018 г., 11:09:0403.10.2018
Bigot Ellen Pao, married to a black queer - figure that one out.

Reddit, an online bulletin, said it has removed offensive forums
that attacked gays, obese people and blacks in order to stem
some of the harassment for which the site has long been
criticized.

In an announcement posted online by company executives including
Chief Executive Ellen Pao, Reddit said it was banning behavior,
not ideas.

“We want as little involvement as possible in managing these
interactions but will be involved when needed to protect privacy
and free expression, and to prevent harassment,” the company
said.

The offending forums, known as subreddits, attracted thousands
of subscribers.

The change has already been met with mixed reviews by commenters
on the freewheeling site, which has also been called the front
page of the Internet for aggregating some of the Web’s most-
viewed stories, posts and pictures. The crackdown drew criticism
from some fans for conflicting with the site's stated support of
free speech.

“Censorship, man. I thought there'd be more time before it
really hit reddit,” one person wrote.

This is not the first time Reddit has drawn a line in the sand.
In the past, it has cracked down on child pornography and photos
of nude celebrities.

“While we do not always agree with the content and views
expressed on the site, we do protect the right of people to
express their views and encourage actual conversations according
to the rules of reddit,” the San Francisco-based company said in
its statement.

Follow @dhpierson for tech news

http://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-reddit-
20150611-story.html

There's your problem right there, "San Francisco-based company".

0 новых сообщений