www.youtube-nocookie.com is a fraud

Thad Floryan

Feb 14, 2014, 1:57:06 AM2/14/14
An email correspondent sent me a video URL earlier today whose domain
I didn't recognize:

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/KBxSntGGm8U?rel=0

I don't like 'embed' for YouTube because it forces a full-screen display
that doesn't have "show more" to learn more about the video, so I did my
usual fix to create this URL:

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/watch?v=KBxSntGGm8U

because whois revealed the domain is owned by Google since 23-JAN-2009,
but it wouldn't play and effectively returned a 404 which I thought odd
because the domain is registered.

A ping revealed the answer: the IP was 127.0.0.1 which meant that the
youtube-nocookie.com was being blocked in my hosts file, as it was per:

127.0.0.1 www.youtube-nocookie.com

I wondered why it was in the hosts file so I checked the several hosts
sites I use to create my hosts file and found this answer at this URL:

http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

per this file: http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.txt

having this line:

# 127.0.0.1 www.youtube-nocookie.com #[affects various videos]

which is now commented-out from the last time I downloaded it, which
suggests Google/YouTube must have fixed the original problem.

So, commenting it out allowed the video to be viewed.

HOWEVER, it appears Google/YouTUbe lies regarding "nocookie" per this
article (of many more I found with a search):

YouTube's new 'nocookie' feature continues to serve cookies
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13739_3-10186408-46.html

Since it appears the 'nocookie' site isn't, I rewrote the video URL to
be this which plays just fine and doesn't obscure the "Show more" or
the "About" after the video has played:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBxSntGGm8U
runtime 0:23
Epic failure of a tow truck driver! :-)

Enjoy! But be aware the tow truck driver swears using the "F" word.

:-)

Thad

jlam...@lysd.org

Mar 7, 2018, 2:17:16 PM3/7/18
dumb ass fuckers. thats what you all are

xxauraw...@gmail.com

Dec 30, 2018, 2:12:44 PM12/30/18
epic