cheap groceries

dhmatbestdot...@gmail.com

Oct 17, 2021, 12:25:20 AMOct 17

ok, with my limited budget here is my routine:

1. Dollar tree.

2. I prefer Grocery Outlet when things are cheaper there. Frozen entrees
seem to have a lower price. I still have to pay 7 dollars for pomegranate
juice. The prices also seem to be creeping up on meats etc

3. Smart and Final. Produce seems to be good prices and fresh. More
convenient than fainting in long lines at Felipes.

4. Trader joes seldom. Occasionally I'll get a turkey meatloaf. Curried
chicken salad is ok.

5. Mexican grocery markets like Arteaga's have good meat sections. This
is where you can still get fresh beef liver and inexpensive boneless cuts.

6. Safeway with Friday specials, sometimes.

Julian Macassey

Oct 17, 2021, 2:17:38 PMOct 17
On Sat, 16 Oct 2021 21:25:13 -0700, dhmatbestdot...@gmail.com
<dhmatbestdot...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ok, with my limited budget here is my routine:
>
> 1. Dollar tree.

I never consider them for food.

> 2. I prefer Grocery Outlet when things are cheaper there. Frozen entrees
> seem to have a lower price. I still have to pay 7 dollars for pomegranate
> juice. The prices also seem to be creeping up on meats etc

They do lots of "Job lots". Items that the big supers are
not shifting often end up at GO. It is also where bad marketing
ideas go to die. When Lance Armstrong was exposed as a
lieing grifter, GO had lots of his branded nutty bars for sale.

> 3. Smart and Final. Produce seems to be good prices and fresh. More
> convenient than fainting in long lines at Felipes.

They also sell big wheels of cheese etc. I also buy 25lb
bags of bread flour there.

> 4. Trader joes seldom. Occasionally I'll get a turkey meatloaf. Curried
> chicken salad is ok.

They are good for cheese, wine and nuts.

> 5. Mexican grocery markets like Arteaga's have good meat sections. This
> is where you can still get fresh beef liver and inexpensive boneless cuts.

Plus veggies.

> 6. Safeway with Friday specials, sometimes.

Safeway is always expensive.

--
"The idea that you can merchandise candidates for high office like breakfast
cereal... is the ultimate indignity to the democratic process."

dhmatbestdot...@gmail.com

Oct 17, 2021, 8:57:50 PMOct 17
Dollar tree is like the ancient 5 & 10 cent stores. They have non-food
things like batteries, envelopes, kitchen ware, tissue paper, socks, wd40
substitute, all for a dollar each. For food they have popcorn, jarred
pickles, mushrooms, condiments, canned chicken for chicken salad,
refrigerated salami, baloney, and small-serving frozen items.

The good idea about this is paying one dollar instead of paying $3-5 for
larger quantities that you have to eat all of it soon. A gallon of bleach
is one dollar. A cell phone cord - one dollar. Four alkaline batteries -
one dollar (Fry's doesn't exist anymore with their nine dollar 40 packs).
Last week they had individual packets of masala chickpea or potato.
Throw in a little sausage and rice, avoid the $15 biryani restaurants.

Next door at DD's discount in Sunnyvale, you can get a virtual reality
head set for $5 and lots of discount clothes and shoes.

d.

dhmatbestdot...@gmail.com

Oct 27, 2021, 8:44:03 PMOct 27

GoldenKrust Jamaican Style Beef Turnover - one dollar at the dollar tree.
Not bad.

I wonder if TopGun2 is going to send Maverick and Iceman into Outer Space.

Julian Macassey

Oct 30, 2021, 9:00:57 PMOct 30
On Fri, 29 Oct 2021 22:43:15 -0500, Swertz <sqw...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Oct 2021 15:13:03 -0500, Swertz wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 17 Oct 2021 18:17:36 -0000 (UTC), Julian Macassey wrote:
>>
>>> When Lance Armstrong was exposed as a
>>> lieing grifter, GO had lots of his branded nutty bars for sale.
>>
>> Testicular Cancer Lance had his own branded "Nutty Bars"?
>
> So I found a reference to what you're probably talking about. They
> were PowerBars, "Nutty" being "nutrition" rather tahn slang for
> gonads. +1 for "nutty bars", but -2 for making me look it up.

Nutty as nuts. The bars that are sold to jocks usually contain nuts,
seeeds and fruit.

> Verdict: Mostly False.

I saw his bars in Grocery Outlet, my wife and I had a good chuckle about
them.

> https://www.bizjournals.com/austin/stories/2001/11/05/daily32.html

They use an ad blocker, fuck them.

> Looks like they kept renewing his contract even after he was
> credibly accused in 2004.

Armstrong being a full time grifter sued anyone that suggested that
maybe he was doping. Trump should have used him as his minister of sport and
litigation.

--
“There is no conclusive proof that nicotine’s addictive…[or with]
cigarettes causing emphysema, lung cancer, heart disease.” - Rush Limbaugh