Why is it impossible to buy chicken nuggets without rib meat?

henr...@gmail.com

Jun 10, 2006, 8:54:02 PM6/10/06
I swear I have been loooking forever for a simple box of chicken
nuggets and none are 100% chicken. There are some that state on the
front of the label 100% white chicken. But if you peak down to the last
few ingredients on the back of the package. It will say 'with rib
meat'. This pisses me off. Wendy's and Mc Donalds do this shit with
their chicken nuggets as well.

rone

Jun 10, 2006, 11:32:29 PM6/10/06
In article <1149987242....@f6g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,

You're buying processed chicken bits and you're upset about the kind
of bits that went into it? What next, you'll stop buying sausage
because it contains gristle?

rone
--
Rob Chanter: How difficult would a bare-bones IMAP server be?
Greg Andrews: Hmmm... I have a gun, and I have a foot. Just how difficult

beebers

Jun 11, 2006, 2:31:51 AM6/11/06
henr...@gmail.com wrote:

I've seen that too and quit buying them. I'm afraid to ask but what
exactly is rib meat anyway?

Mark Mellin

Jun 11, 2006, 4:41:10 AM6/11/06
In article <rNOig.145972$F_3....@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net>,

beebers <bb@netsc_pe.net> wrote:
> henr...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > I swear I have been loooking forever for a simple box of chicken
> > nuggets and none are 100% chicken. There are some that state on the
> > front of the label 100% white chicken. But if you peak down to the last
> > few ingredients on the back of the package. It will say 'with rib
> > meat'. This pisses me off. Wendy's and Mc Donalds do this shit with
> > their chicken nuggets as well.

Not McDonald's, at least as far as their "Chicken McNuggets Made with
White Meat" are concerned:

<http://www.mcdonalds.com/app_controller.nutrition.categories.ingredients.index.html#2>

> I've seen that too and quit buying them. I'm afraid to ask but what
> exactly is rib meat anyway?

Uh, meat from the bird's rib cage, perhaps? You've never roasted
a whole chicken?

Are you sure you two aren't really more interested in sport fishing?

- Mark

--
Mark Mellin San Mateo Village, CA 94403 USA

JC Dill

Jun 11, 2006, 10:49:11 AM6/11/06

You do know that chickens have ribs, right?

jc

~ Eileen Morgan of The Mare's Nest, PA

The Ranger

Jun 11, 2006, 11:47:34 AM6/11/06
On 11 Jun 2006 16:49:11 +0200, JC Dill <jcd...@gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]

>You do know that chickens have ribs, right?

I don't think it's simply that they didn't think chickens don't have
ribs. It's the "discolored" bits-and-pieces that causes the faint of
heart and squeamish of stomach to gag when viewing them by mistake. If
it's advertised as "white meat," then by gahd! it should be "white
meat!"

Personally, I purposely don't look closely enough when noshing on
nuggets. Dipped in a Ranch-and-Pico-Pica cocktail, anything can be
made to taste good. Looking at a processed chicken nugget is sort of
like looking in boloney or hot dogs.

The Ranger
--
"Where's the restroom?!"
Alex T to our guide after our tour of a meat processing plant

Al Eisner

Jun 11, 2006, 8:19:18 PM6/11/06
On Sun, 11 Jun 2006, Mark Mellin wrote:

> In article <rNOig.145972$F_3....@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net>,
> beebers <bb@netsc_pe.net> wrote:
> > I've seen that too and quit buying them. I'm afraid to ask but what
> > exactly is rib meat anyway?
>
> Uh, meat from the bird's rib cage, perhaps? You've never roasted
> a whole chicken?

The OP, however, apparently had something different in mind, saying
that it wasn't 100% checken.
--

Al Eisner
San Mateo Co., CA

Message has been deleted

Mark Mellin

Jun 11, 2006, 9:39:00 PM6/11/06
In article <Pine.GSO.4.58.06...@flora01.slac.stanford.edu>,

Is he or she related to the guy who wouldn't eat sushi "in Mexoco?" :-)

notbob

Jun 12, 2006, 12:00:18 AM6/12/06
On 2006-06-11, henr...@gmail.com <henr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I swear I have been loooking forever for a simple box of chicken
> nuggets and none are 100% chicken.

I've not noticed your nick before, but based on the total absurdity of
the subject, I have to assume you're either a troll or a complete idiot.

nb

beebers

Jun 12, 2006, 5:55:37 AM6/12/06
Mark Mellin wrote:
> In article <rNOig.145972$F_3....@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net>,
> beebers <bb@netsc_pe.net> wrote:
>
>>henr...@gmail.com wrote:
>>

>>>I swear I have been loooking forever for a simple box of chicken
>>>nuggets and none are 100% chicken. There are some that state on the
>>>front of the label 100% white chicken. But if you peak down to the last
>>>few ingredients on the back of the package. It will say 'with rib
>>>meat'. This pisses me off. Wendy's and Mc Donalds do this shit with
>>>their chicken nuggets as well.
>

> Not McDonald's, at least as far as their "Chicken McNuggets Made with
> White Meat" are concerned:
>
> <http://www.mcdonalds.com/app_controller.nutrition.categories.ingredients.index.html#2>
>
>>I've seen that too and quit buying them. I'm afraid to ask but what
>>exactly is rib meat anyway?
>

> Uh, meat from the bird's rib cage, perhaps? You've never roasted
> a whole chicken?

Well, the breast covers the ribs. I would call that rib meat then. The
heart and lungs are under the ribs. I would call that rib meat too.
So, I'm still am not sure what I'd be eating when they say rib meat. If
it was good quality breast meat, I'm sure they'd say so. The fact that
it's usually in small print, that rib meat is included that is, and hard
to find on the package, to me means it is some lower quality filler. Am
I wrong? Now do you understand why we are questioning this? Whatever
it is, I like nice good quality white chicken breast meat, so I will
never buy it. And I prefer a good steak as opposed to a hot dog. Oh
well, to each his own.

> Are you sure you two aren't really more interested in sport fishing?

What does that have to do with anything? Yeah, I love to fish and have
been fishing all my life.

Message has been deleted

ll

Jun 12, 2006, 1:03:53 PM6/12/06
beebers wrote:
> I like nice good quality white chicken breast meat, so I will
> never buy it. And I prefer a good steak as opposed to a hot dog.

Then never buy _formed_ chicken nuggets (which is most of them),
rather than real, unprocessed meat chicken nuggets (which are rare).

Any time you see ground up meat, the odds are that they put in
everything but the kitchen sink, from fillers to "cheap meat."

My most un-favorite are certain brands of chorizo.
Careful reading of the label reveals salivary glands,
lymph nodes, etc. The texture/density of these bad brands
is virtually liquid. I'll stick to that chunky chorizo
made in San Jose (whose name I can't remember at the moment),
even though it's more expensive.

Steve Pope

Jun 12, 2006, 2:46:48 PM6/12/06
ll <lksl...@REMOVEcomcastTHIS.net> wrote:

>My most un-favorite are certain brands of chorizo.
>Careful reading of the label reveals salivary glands,
>lymph nodes, etc. The texture/density of these bad brands
>is virtually liquid.

You mean, real chorizo.

Those are intended to be fried together with ground
beef or pork. You don't want to cook them solo, but
the best of these items are excellent.

Steve

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Tim May

Jun 16, 2006, 2:38:35 AM6/16/06

There is no law making it impossible to buy chicken nuggets without rib
meat.

You are free to offer such products

But don't complain if your favorite suppliers, the aforementioned
Wendy's and McDonald's, don't offer such products.

If you insist that they legally be required to meet your wishes, you
need a trip up the chimneys. Which I suspect you do.

--Tim May

henr...@gmail.com

Jun 17, 2006, 12:41:05 AM6/17/06
Why can't there be a chicken nugget similar to KFC's chicken strips.
Which is pure white chicken meat. It would probably taste beter too. It
must be a money thing. And rib meat, pretty much means they grind in
pork. Which is very cheap compared to chicken.

Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to send

Jun 18, 2006, 2:49:59 AM6/18/06
The same people who make the frozen Chicken Cordon Bleu, Chicken Kiev,
and some kind of chicken stuffed with something like broccoli and cheese
-- I can't remember the name of the company off hand, but they use a
red box, and you can find them in 2-packs in Albertson's and in 6-packs
at Smart and Final -- also makes chicken fingers exactly as you
describe, and they're *GREAT*.
Message has been deleted

LurfysMa

Jun 18, 2006, 11:47:07 AM6/18/06
On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 15:03:10 GMT, Steve Wertz
<swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:

>On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 23:49:59 -0700, Melinda Meahan - take out
>TRASH to send wrote:
>
>> The same people who make the frozen Chicken Cordon Bleu, Chicken Kiev,
>> and some kind of chicken stuffed with something like broccoli and cheese
>> -- I can't remember the name of the company off hand
>

>Barber Foods.

Sweeney Todd?

notbob

Jun 18, 2006, 1:30:26 PM6/18/06
On 2006-06-18, LurfysMa <inv...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> Sweeney Todd?

LOL!....

Yeah, pick up a pack of Sweeney's Weenies.

nb

JC Dill

Jun 18, 2006, 2:21:35 PM6/18/06
On 16 Jun 2006 21:41:05 -0700, henr...@gmail.com wrote:

>Why can't there be a chicken nugget similar to KFC's chicken strips.
>Which is pure white chicken meat. It would probably taste beter too. It
>must be a money thing. And rib meat, pretty much means they grind in
>pork.

No it doesn't. Chickens *do* have ribs.

What it means is that the nuggets are mostly chicken breast meat, with
some chicken rib meat in it.

sheehs

Jared Parr

Feb 7, 2021, 6:36:37 PM2/7/21
Just to let everyone know, it's 2021 and we're still having this problem. Still.

sms

Feb 8, 2021, 1:17:27 PM2/8/21
On 2/7/2021 3:36 PM, Jared Parr wrote:

<snip>

> Just to let everyone know, it's 2021 and we're still having this problem. Still.

100% breast meat chicken nuggets are available.
<https://midamarhalal.com/products/chicken-nuggets>
<https://www.hannaford.com/product/of-tov-chicken-breast-tenders/775355>

The One Ton Hammer

Sep 20, 2021, 2:45:37 AM9/20/21