Cafe Stritch San Jose

sms

Dec 18, 2016, 9:08:16 PM12/18/16
We wanted some live music and the SWMBO didn't want to go all the way to
½ Moon Bay to see my friend's band.

Cafe Stritch is in the old Eulipia space on S. 1st St. in San Jose next
to the old Camera One. Parking was pain because of Xmas in the
park--I've never seen downtown San Jose so busy. But we found street
parking near Jack in the Box.

The food is basic comfort food. I had the ratatouille, the spousal unit
has the mussels & clams and spicy cole slaw. A few hours later in the
evening, as the band was finishing we had the grilled cheese and tomato
soup. The beer selection is limited and we had Anchor Steam. No
Guinness. We also tried their desserts, tiny $2 bites of blueberry
cheesecake (awful) and chocolate torte (okay). No waiter service, you
have to order and the counter and pick up when your buzzer thingee goes off.

On Friday and Saturday they have chicken and waffles which looked really
good.

http://www.cafestritch.com/menu/

---