What is buche?

Pete Fraser

Jun 2, 2004, 6:32:27 PM6/2/04
I ate at my favorite taco truck today, and
noticed after I had ordered that they had
"buche". I asked what it was, and was told
stomach. I asked how this was different from
tripas, but didn't understand the answer.

Googling indicates that buche is pig tail,
pig snout, pig belly, stomach, close to the
stomach, and beef cheeks.

Anyone here know what it really is?

Pete

Steve Wertz

Jun 2, 2004, 7:43:49 PM6/2/04

I think it's deep-fried pig stomach (but may sometimes be applied
to other deep fried variety meats just to confuse us). Note that
tripe is usually beef stomach.

You may have better luck asking in alt.food.mexican-cooking (like
so).

-sw

Guy Bannis

Jun 2, 2004, 8:53:47 PM6/2/04
In article <bfaad0f7.04060...@posting.google.com>,
pfr...@covad.net (Pete Fraser) wrote:

> I ate at my favorite taco truck today, and
> noticed after I had ordered that they had
> "buche". I asked what it was, and was told
> stomach. I asked how this was different from
> tripas, but didn't understand the answer.

As in "Buche de Noel"? Context ...

Irma

Jun 3, 2004, 4:02:42 AM6/3/04

I wanted to explain it myself, but I think this article explains it better
:-)

http://thematrix.sureste.com/cityview/merida1/articulos/eltaco.htm

Sorry I got it in Spanish, but I think there's an English translation.

Carnitas are prepared not only with the "macisa", but with the insides of
the pork, in this article you will see the name of the different parts of
the pork that are cook in the same cauldron.

Hope this help.

Irma.
p.s. I can't find the English translation....

Any way here are the names:

De carnitas de cerdo: Provienen de Michoacán y Jalisco, y generalmente son
de: maciza, cuerito, buche, nana, nenepil, trompa, oreja, cachete, hígado,
tripa, "libro", pulmón y cáscara.

"Steve Wertz" <swe...@cluemail.compost.gov.invalid> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Pete Fraser

Jun 3, 2004, 12:51:24 PM6/3/04

"Guy Bannis" <g...@ether.net> wrote in message

I'm not sure how I can provide more context that
I have already. It's sold in a taco truck, and was
described as stomach, but not tripas.

It's possible (but I suspect highly unlikely) that
they were talking about Buche de Noel.

Guy Bannis

Jun 3, 2004, 4:23:43 PM6/3/04
In article <10bulo6...@news.supernews.com>, "Pete Fraser"
<pe...@rgb.com> wrote:

I was pulling your leg ...

rone

Jun 4, 2004, 3:02:46 AM6/4/04

Pete Fraser <pfr...@covad.net> wrote:
>I ate at my favorite taco truck today, and
>noticed after I had ordered that they had
>"buche". I asked what it was, and was told
>stomach. I asked how this was different from
>tripas, but didn't understand the answer.
>Anyone here know what it really is?

It's definitely the meat surrounding the stomach, not the actual
stomach ("buche" means "crop", so i'd guess it's from the underside of
the cow's crop). Tripas is intestines (not tripe, which is the
stomach's lining).

rone
--
Crap's Law: 90% of fish cytogenics is sturgeon. - Kibo

rone

Jun 4, 2004, 3:05:05 AM6/4/04
In article <rone.c9p6qm$fog$1...@ennui.org>, rone <^*&#$@ennui.org> wrote:
>In article <bfaad0f7.04060...@posting.google.com>,
>Pete Fraser <pfr...@covad.net> wrote:
>>I ate at my favorite taco truck today, and
>>noticed after I had ordered that they had
>>"buche". I asked what it was, and was told
>>stomach. I asked how this was different from
>>tripas, but didn't understand the answer.
>>Anyone here know what it really is?
>It's definitely the meat surrounding the stomach, not the actual
>stomach ("buche" means "crop", so i'd guess it's from the underside of
>the cow's crop). Tripas is intestines (not tripe, which is the
>stomach's lining).

I must quote this article from the Orange County Weekly:

Buche: Not stomach, but the meat immediately surrounding the
stomach. More popular than it should be, buche is as close to
lunching on rubber as sanitarily possible.

<http://www.ocweekly.com/ink/04/19/cover-arellano.php>

sverr...@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2020, 2:08:11 AM2/24/20

heavens...@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2020, 10:16:44 AM8/10/20
Hi. Buche is pig throat and stomach.

Julian Macassey

Aug 10, 2020, 6:17:27 PM8/10/20
On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 07:16:43 -0700 (PDT),
heavens...@gmail.com <heavens...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi. Buche is pig throat and stomach.

Why did you post this?

--
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
- George Orwell

Todd Michel McComb

Aug 10, 2020, 9:42:30 PM8/10/20
In article <slrnrj3hrl...@adeed.tele.com>,
Julian Macassey <jul...@tele.com> wrote:
>Why did you post this?

Heaven needed help.

Julian Macassey

Aug 10, 2020, 10:06:42 PM8/10/20
Looking around these days, I can say if there is a
heaven, it must have closed and gone out of business decades ago.

Todd Michel McComb

Aug 11, 2020, 12:24:43 AM8/11/20
In article <slrnrj3v9h...@adeed.tele.com>,
Julian Macassey <jul...@tele.com> wrote:
>Looking around these days, I can say if there is a heaven, it must
>have closed and gone out of business decades ago.

No real money in it.