Also closed: It's Tops

Eli the Bearded

Jun 11, 2020, 4:20:25 PM6/11/20
Since that's what this group seems to have devolved to, reporting on
restaurants that won't reopen, let me add one.

http://brokeassstuart.com/2020/06/11/legendary-its-tops-diner-closes-forever-in-sf/

It's Tops was on Market by Octavia in San Francisco. I always liked the
sign, which was taken down yesterday.

Elijah
------
even before the lockdown, hardly ever ate out

Eli the Bearded

Jun 11, 2020, 4:30:52 PM6/11/20
In ba.food, Eli the Bearded <*@eli.users.panix.com> wrote:
> Since that's what this group seems to have devolved to, reporting on
> restaurants that won't reopen, let me add one.

In light of the last thread being "Nick's No More" I realized I'missed
my opportunity to use the subject "It's Tops: It stops".

Elijah
------
may never have such a golden trivial anagram opportunity again

Todd Michel McComb

Jun 11, 2020, 4:34:44 PM6/11/20
In article <eli$20061...@qaz.wtf>,
Eli the Bearded <*@eli.users.panix.com> wrote:
>may never have such a golden trivial anagram opportunity again

Truly sad.

I was at Dittmer's (butcher in Mountain View) today for the first
time in a long while, and it's the first place where I've had to
wait in a line to get in. I think it may also have been the first
place I've visited in the morning, so maybe that's why....

Downtown MV restaurants almost all seem to be reopening. (The only
ones I'm seeing that aren't could probably have been picked for it
in advance.) But of course, reopening doesn't necessarily mean
surviving....