Nick's No More

David Arnstein

May 28, 2020, 3:28:45 PM5/28/20
Nick's Next Door in Los Gatos is closed. Another casualty of the pandemic.

I called the restaurant MANY times to ask for a reservation. None were
ever available.

I will never know if the food was that great, but I know why the business
was loved. One time I called I got voice mail, and I left a message. A
few hours later, my phone buzzed. When I answered, I heard a voice say
"Hello, this is Nick." This Nick fellow tried to find a reservation time
that would work for my party. Although we did not find a mutually
agreeable time, I left the conversation in a good mood.

This is how you hold on to customers.
--
David Arnstein (00)
arnstei...@pobox.com {{ }}

Gary Brainin

Jun 1, 2020, 11:21:34 AM6/1/20
The food was quite good, IMO. I see from searching that the one
time we went was back at the end of 2016. I'll amend my prior review
to say that the experience outside of the food (service, ambiance,
etc.) was also excellent. We had planned to return, but alas it seems
that won't happen.

-Gary

In article <rap3dc$f1g$1...@reader1.panix.com>,

Ciccio

Jun 9, 2020, 3:00:32 PM6/9/20
Oh, OK it is not the Nick's at Rockaway Beach/Pacifica that is "No
More." I have not been there for awhile. Indeed, during the past 25
years I've only gone there to avoid being a wet blanket in a group.
Before then, Nick's didn't have the 'tude of their neighbor the
Moonraker. That said, even though seafood is low on my list, Nick's
popular crab sandwich is pretty good, but not THAT good.

Ciccio

David Arnstein

Jun 9, 2020, 5:19:28 PM6/9/20
In article <rbom8d$5oe$1...@gioia.aioe.org>,
Ciccio <franc...@comcast.net> wrote:
>... That said, even though seafood is low on my list, Nick's
>popular crab sandwich is pretty good, but not THAT good.

I have been pining away for a simple crab sandwich for a long time.
Cold Dungeness crab. Sourdough bread. Mayonnaise. That would be sufficient.

Denied!
--
David Arnstein (00)
arnstei...@pobox.com {{ }}

Ciccio

Jun 18, 2020, 2:34:03 PM6/18/20
On 6/9/2020 2:19 PM, David Arnstein wrote:
> In article <rbom8d$5oe$1...@gioia.aioe.org>,
> Ciccio <franc...@comcast.net> wrote:
>> ... That said, even though seafood is low on my list, Nick's
>> popular crab sandwich is pretty good, but not THAT good.
>
> I have been pining away for a simple crab sandwich for a long time.
> Cold Dungeness crab. Sourdough bread. Mayonnaise. That would be sufficient.
>
> Denied!

Next time you are in the area, give one a try there. I've heard a good
many people rave about the crab sandwiches there.

Ciccio