KGO trying something new?

cable...@comcast.net

Oct 6, 2022, 8:38:51 PM10/6/22
I have not listened to Newstalk81 in years.

SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KION-TV) — KGO 810, a Bay Area radio station
that has run for 80 years, told listeners it was going off the air
Thursday. The news station didn’t offer an explanation as to why the
sudden end to their broadcast

In a post, they said, “for your loyalty and for trusting KGO to be our
source for information.” The post continued, “We also want to
sincerely thank all the talented men and women that worked so hard
over the years to produce award-winning programming on KGO.”

There may potentially be a new show taking the air time.

“On Monday, 810am begins a new era,” the post read. “We hope you will
tune in.”

Mark Roberts

Oct 9, 2022, 6:35:45 PM10/9/22
cable...@comcast.net <cable...@comcast.net> had written:
| I have not listened to Newstalk81 in years.

Reportedly to be sports-betting talk, which is the AM
desperation format of the moment.

--
Mark Roberts - E-Mail address is valid but I don't use Google Groups
If you quote, please quote only relevant passages and not the whole article.

cable...@comcast.net

Oct 12, 2022, 9:31:10 PM10/12/22
On 9 Oct 2022 22:35:42 GMT, Mark Roberts <markrob...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>cable...@comcast.net <cable...@comcast.net> had written:
>| I have not listened to Newstalk81 in years.
>|

>Reportedly to be sports-betting talk, which is the AM
>desperation format of the moment.

Well that's about as interesting to me as watching Democracy Now on
PEG channels. Wish them luck betting on that.

Mark Roberts

Oct 16, 2022, 4:46:54 PM10/16/22
cable...@comcast.net <cable...@comcast.net> had written:
They may have been betting on the legalization of sports betting
in California. Given the prospects for Prop 26 and Prop 27, I'm
reminded that these were people who bought radio stations at the
top of the market.

Then again, what else do you do other than sell off or give up the license?

Perry Simon asks a similar question:
https://www.allaccess.com/the-letter/archive/35413/choose-your-own-adventure