Elian's capture/rescue and the MEDIA.

Michael Maxfield

Apr 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/22/00

It's 12 hours after the rescue of Elian from his captors, and the news
coverage is getting WORSE, not better!

Sometime after noon on KCBS (local or network, can't recall) the "reporter"
mentioned that Elian was taken from the home of his "Mother's family"...
Uh, Lazaro Gonzales is Elian's PATERNAL great uncle... that means that
he is the uncle of Juan Miquel Gonzales, not Elizabeth Brotons, Elian's
deceased mother.

If some reporters are a bit confused about the Gonzales family tree, perhaps
they should go over to the CNN web site where they have a listing of the
players in this theatre. (There is one slight error, where CNN names
Lazaro's daughter Marisleysis Gonzales as "second cousin" when she
really is a "first cousin once removed" to Elian. If she had a child,
that child would be the "second cousin" of Elian.)

Speaking of Marisleyis, why hasn't the "media" caught the inconsistancies
in her dramatic speech this morning? At one point she's shout-crying that
all the government had to do was "order" them to turn Elian over and they
would have, but the government didn't "order" them... then two minutes
later while attacking Clinton, she mentions that she blames Clinton
personally because he was the one who gave them "48 hours" to turn over
Elian or else.

--

Michael Maxfield
tw...@io.com

John Higdon

Apr 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/22/00
in article 8dtl1g$6df1d$1...@rn.area.com, David Kaye wrote:

> Not only that, but reporters consistently talk about Elian being "taken
> from his family" by INS people? Hello? Elian had never even met them
> until they grabbed him and kept him away from his father.

I have never seen a clearer case of abduction for political purposes, but
our media and our government has stood around mesmerized by the Little
Havana crowd. The only reason this armed action had to be taken is because
our feckless administration waffled up front. What else is new?

In all these months, this is the FIRST time any action has been taken that
might conceivably be construed as being in the child's best interests. Even
so, the press treats the Miami kidnappers as legitimate entities with a
cause worthy of respect. If they want to fight Castro, let them do it
without using a child as a weapon.

Right now, the anti-Castro-ites are more or less without a friendly port.
They are bad-mouthing the administration (which finally decided to do its
job as the law enforcement branch of our government) and chanting "where is
the freedom". Freedom to break the law? I think not.

In any event, it is time for our media to stop giving time to the Little
Havana people. They have no standing (other than grandstanding) and they are
out of the picture. They no longer have a little boy to use as a pawn and
weapon in their crusade, so I see no reason to waste further air time on
them.

Quite honestly, Castro comes off looking pretty good in all of this. The US,
thanks to Little Havana, comes off looking like a horse's ass.

--
John Higdon | P.O. Box 7648 | http://www.anntec.com/
+1 415 428 2697 | Silicon Valley, CA 95150-7648 | FAX: +1 408 264 4407

David Kaye

Apr 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/23/00
Michael Maxfield wrote the quoted material below:

" It's 12 hours after the rescue of Elian from his captors, and the news
" coverage is getting WORSE, not better!

Yes, it was abominable. I tuned in about 5 minutes after the rescue and
CBS's coverage was unsteady. However, it was fair, airing both sides of
the situation.

NBC, which didn't show the rescue immediately, later went to live coverage
from the streets of Miami's Little Havana, and the bilingual reporter
there was clearly biased. He opined on just about everything, including
questions to the various protestors which made it clear he was on their
side.

" Sometime after noon on KCBS (local or network, can't recall) the "reporter"
" mentioned that Elian was taken from the home of his "Mother's family"...
" Uh, Lazaro Gonzales is Elian's PATERNAL great uncle... that means that
" he is the uncle of Juan Miquel Gonzales, not Elizabeth Brotons, Elian's
" deceased mother.

Not only that, but reporters consistently talk about Elian being "taken

from his family" by INS people? Hello? Elian had never even met them

until they grabbed him and kept him away from his father. If they were so
concerned about little Elian, why didn't they go visit him in Cuba prior
to this? Thousands of Cuban families in the U.S. have visited relatives
in Cuba. But not Elian's so-called family.

--
(C) 2000 Cartoon Art Museum (only one
David Kaye of its kind) 415-546-9481

Michael Maxfield

Apr 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/23/00
David Kaye <d...@removethis.area.com> wrote:
>Michael Maxfield wrote the quoted material below:
>
>" It's 12 hours after the rescue of Elian from his captors, and the news
>" coverage is getting WORSE, not better!
>
>Yes, it was abominable. I tuned in about 5 minutes after the rescue and
>CBS's coverage was unsteady. However, it was fair, airing both sides of
>the situation.

It's mostly fair, but I sense some bias sneaking in, or perhaps reverse
bias, where the reporter is trying to give the other side slightly more
than the side s/he believes in so as to not be accused of being biased.
There seems to be just the slightest more focus on the "Miami Family"
than on the real family... But then, Juan Miquel, Mando Gonzales (another
Great Uncle in Miami... one who wants to see Elian with his father) and
the other "Fisherman" (Daryumple's cousin... no longer on speaking terms
with Daryumple (sp?) due to their opposing ideas of where Elian should go)
aren't exactly trying to grab the spotlight... leave that to the posers
who really have no valid thought process running in their brains... and
I include in that Senator Smith, Jeb Bush... Uh, was it Jerry Farwell who
wanted to shitcan the father-son relationship last week?... Now we've got
that wacko's on KSFO citing conspiracies all the way around... It's just
another Clinton-Reno Wako/Ruby Ridge (Uh... Ruby Ridge wasn't in this
presidency)... to claims that the photos of Elian with his father and
step brother are faked photos... and that Castro paid doctors are now
applying brainwashing techniques to Elian...... and that was all on the
3 hours this afternoon on KKKSFO... Oh, and those who would be first to
defend the right and necessity of a cop retaining his sidearm while
venturing onto school property are shouting that the federal COPS should
not have gone in with any arms... with 200 people camped out on the front
lawn and people inside who have claimed that they would only give Elian up
over their dead body... those cops would have to have a pair of steel blue
balls to go in without any arms.

>" Sometime after noon on KCBS (local or network, can't recall) the "reporter"
>" mentioned that Elian was taken from the home of his "Mother's family"...
>" Uh, Lazaro Gonzales is Elian's PATERNAL great uncle... that means that
>" he is the uncle of Juan Miquel Gonzales, not Elizabeth Brotons, Elian's
>" deceased mother.
>
>Not only that, but reporters consistently talk about Elian being "taken
>from his family" by INS people? Hello? Elian had never even met them
>until they grabbed him and kept him away from his father. If they were so
>concerned about little Elian, why didn't they go visit him in Cuba prior
>to this? Thousands of Cuban families in the U.S. have visited relatives
>in Cuba. But not Elian's so-called family.

It's illogical political BS. A week or two ago some I heard
Florida-Cuban supporter come up with the idea that if WE (the country)
were to turn over Elian to his father for return to Cuba, it would be
a "win for Castro" and something Castro could claim as a victory over
the US. Ain't no win for Castro since we (the US) could sit around for
years on end being entertained by any sort of barrel he could hold us
over to "make us give the kid back"... it's our own laws, (unless you're
of the "Family Values" crowd) which demand we return Elian to his father,
and to Cuba if that is his father's desire.

Now it would (probably) be against our laws to send Elian back if there
was any sort of chance that Castro's government would punish Elian for
"wanting" to stay in the US, but while Castro may be a little crazy, I
doubt that he's stupid enough to think that a six year old should be
punished for the sort of thing he might punish an adult for... and
Elian is such a household name, there's no way in hell that Castro would
even attempt it if he wanted to... That would surely turn his own citizens
<cough>... uh, subjects, against him.

--

Michael Maxfield
tw...@io.com

Michael Maxfield

Apr 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/23/00
John Higdon <no-...@netninny.org> wrote:

>Right now, the anti-Castro-ites are more or less
[...]

>chanting "where is
>the freedom". Freedom to break the law? I think not.

Freedom? What Freedom? I think it was very apparent what their beliefs
are about "freedom" when they got upset that CNN had a Castro speech on
one of their monitors so they overran the makeshift streetside studio.

Let's not forget their new chants of "Rights". Now the "family" is crying
that they are being "denied their right to see Elian." What "right" is that?
These people have a few loose marbles and no solid ground on which they
base their "arguments". They're spitting out sound bytes at a rate that
would make any politician proud, but yet their sound bytes, taken as a
whole don't even look like a 2 yo's attempt to piece together a 1000 piece
jigsaw puzzle.

>In any event, it is time for our media to stop giving time to the Little
>Havana people. They have no standing (other than grandstanding) and they are
>out of the picture. They no longer have a little boy to use as a pawn and
>weapon in their crusade, so I see no reason to waste further air time on
>them.

It won't happen for a couple of good reasons:

1) The "Right Wing Wacko Media" can get a few thousand miles off of
this with conspiracy theories. (Angertainment)

2) The "Liberal Media" (that's all media not in the first group) can
fill the rest of the population's plates with their particular
flavor of current events news and Infotainment. It won't be
indepth coverage or fully accurate which most will provide, but
because the first category of media will be carrying it, this
broad second category is going to have to carry something about
it also, lest they be pigeonholed as burying the story under the
Clitonista command. (This way they'll just get accused of distorting
it in favor of the Clitonisa's.)

>Quite honestly, Castro comes off looking pretty good in all of this. The US,
>thanks to Little Havana, comes off looking like a horse's ass.

I don't see it that way, but then I'm not a foreigner. I see it as a
bunch of Cubans exiles are trying to misuse the US laws to fight their
war against the current Cuban rule.

I view the photograph of the armed cop encountering Darumple holding
the kid as a symbol of America's battle against child abductions.

BTW, anyone read the story of the AP (stringer) photographer who took that
photo? It sort of looks like a case of the media influencing the news.
The photographer was outside when the teams arrived. He ran inside and
mentioned what was going down... the family then closed and bolted their
door. If it wasn't for that reporter, perhaps the Gonzales' wouldn't
have a busted front door. [Yeah, it's reaching to claim it to be press
tailored, but that the family closed the door after knowing "IT" was going
down does sort of spoil one of their arguments that there was no need to
bust down the door... "just knock".]

--

Michael Maxfield
tw...@io.com

zombie

Apr 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/23/00
In article <FtGHy...@moraga.ness.com>, tw...@io.com says...
[...]

> 3 hours this afternoon on KKKSFO... Oh, and those who would be first to
^^^^^^

Name calling only hurts your argument. If your point is valid, it will
stand on its own without resorting to such childish pettiness.

--
Erik Veit ------- Milpitas, CA ------- http://www.best.com/~zombie

"You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field
full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did
the clue mating dance." -- Edward Flaherty

Michael Maxfield

Apr 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/23/00
zombie <erik...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>In article <FtGHy...@moraga.ness.com>, tw...@io.com says...
>[...]
>> 3 hours this afternoon on KKKSFO... Oh, and those who would be first to
> ^^^^^^
>
>Name calling only hurts your argument. If your point is valid, it will
>stand on its own without resorting to such childish pettiness.

I expect you to rag on my other post where I used such name calling
as "Clintonistas", "Liberal Media" and yes, another one attacking
the "Right Wing Wacko Media"... Be sure to condemn ALL of those
pigeons.

--

Michael Maxfield
tw...@io.com

Michael Bender

Apr 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/23/00
Michael Maxfield wrote:

> 1) The "Right Wing Wacko Media" can get a few thousand miles off of
> this with conspiracy theories. (Angertainment)

Well of course, since it's a well-known fact that most of the hosts on
KSFO operate using a very simple programming rule:

Did Clinton have something to do with it ("it" can be anything)?

Yes - Then it's wrong, spend lots of airtime against it.
No - Then spend lots of airtime condemming him for not
"taking action".

Really, once you figure out KSFO's algorithm, it's pretty easy to
predict what their take will be on most any subject. The word "sheep"
comes to mind. But hey, why do in-depth analysis when the target
demographic has a hard time reading "Miller" on the beer cans?

mike

Michael Bender E-Mail: Michael...@eng.sun.com
Sun Microsystems, Inc. Tel: 650-614-6941
901 San Antonio Road Tel Pager: 888-423-9066
Palo Alto, CA 94303-4900 URL Pager: http://www.skytel.com/Paging/
Mailstop: MPK06-201 Pager PIN: 4239606

Frank Black

Apr 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/24/00
Ever seen doctored photos from Soviet Military Revue? This looks like it came
from the same source:

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/p/nm/20000424/ts/mdf70408.html

Note the unnatural perspective of the boy's head in relation to the rest of his
shoulder. I supported the boy's return to his father but this is spooky...

keeth...@keethie.net

Apr 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/24/00
In article <39051EC1...@innovix.com>, Raymond Lillard
<r...@innovix.com> wrote:

> Actually he had to be posed at an odd angle to hide the band-aids
> after his drug injections.

Must've been a bear editing out the bruises, black eyes and truncheon
marks too.

--
Remove "DRAT" in response to that

Michael Bender

Apr 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/24/00

What's even more spooky is that it's obvious that the "boy" is really
Hillary Clinton and the "dad" is really Rudolph Gulliani. Heck, even
someone as astute as Trent Lott or Henry Hyde could see the obvious
forgery.

Raymond Lillard

Apr 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/25/00
Frank Black wrote:

> Ever seen doctored photos from Soviet Military Revue? This looks like it came
> from the same source:
>
> http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/p/nm/20000424/ts/mdf70408.html
>
> Note the unnatural perspective of the boy's head in relation to the rest of his
> shoulder. I supported the boy's return to his father but this is spooky...

It's probably taken from a black helicopter.

Actually he had to be posed at an odd angle to hide the band-aids
after his drug injections.

Sheesh ....

Ray

George Costanza

Apr 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/25/00
What's really spooky is that the government can clone a 6 year old in
less than 5 months.

On 24 Apr 2000 17:10:32 -0700, it is alleged that Frank Black
<d...@null.com> struck their keyboard in the following manner: