Re: [ba-workforce] Employers Recognizing Badges as Credentials for Hiring or Promotion

Carey Hamburg

May 6, 2015, 11:31:02 AM5/6/15
to olneck, ba-wor...@googlegroups.com
Michael,

That is an excellent question, and I would be very interested to know that as well. In my research I am looking at Open Badge use in workforce development and hiring, and I have not found much direct "evidence" of that. Some anecdotal, - and lots of interest in the potential use, but not solid data.

A few months ago I had spoken with Peter Janzow, who is the lead on the Pearson badging product "Acclaim." He mentioned that they had data on the "views" of badges they host (the unique IPs that click on a badge and then see the verification page). I don't know if there is any way to tie that to actual employers, but it is an interesting prospect. At minimum it could show the "traffic" that certain badges and presentation vehicles (LinkedIn, FaceBook, WordPress) generate. Peter said the data was not in a form that was sharable (yet) - but it would be worth asking.

If you don't have Peter's contact info, email me privately - ca...@louisiana.edu - and I will send it to you.
Have a great day!

Carey

On May 05, 2015, at 04:13 PM, olneck <oln...@education.wisc.edu> wrote:

Hi all,

Is there an up-to-date list of employers who are accepting badges as credentials for purposes of hiring or promotion? Or, just some good examples?

I'd be particularly interested in recent "joiners,"  employers who are accepting badges issued from external issuers (i.e. not internally from the firm), and, best of all, would be employers recognizing badges externally issued that are not tailored to the particular company's specifications.(I do know about Adobe.)

Thanks.

Michael

oln...@education.wisc.edu