Conferences Devoted To or Including Badges

michael olneck

Dec 10, 2014, 8:08:43 PM12/10/14
to ba-re...@googlegroups.com

As part of my continuing sociological research on the development of digital badges, I am trying to identify conferences where badges have been a prominent topic. I am particularly interested in documenting the ways in which discussions of badges bring together individuals from academia, non-profits, and for-profits. I would be grateful if readers of this post would point me to a few of these from the last two or three years (other than the February, 2014 Badge Summit). I’d like to be able to identify conference agendas and participants, and, if there are videos archived, to look at some of those.

Ideally, I’d love to be able to construct a “map” of the major participants in the badge world, like the Chronicle’s “Major Players in the MOOC Universe,” but I think that is well beyond my capacity. See http://chronicle.com/article/Major-Players-in-the-MOOC/138817.

Thanks very much, and I wish all happy holidays.