Research and St Louis County Library

M H

Apr 5, 2022, 12:35:56 PM4/5/22
to The Barony of Three Rivers
Hey research minded friends, access to MOBIUS has been restored for St Louis County Library Patrons. You can access it by going to SLCL.org and looking under the "Book, Emedia and More" tab. MOBIUS connects libraries across the state and provides access (for our purposes) to more academic materials.
First see if what you need is in the newly combined County and City catalog. If not there then search MOBIUS. If you request an item you'll be asked to select what library system you are in(St Louis County Library). It will ask for your library card number and what branch you want to pick the item up.
If you do a search in MOBIUS and can't find what you need you'll see a link for "Prospector" on the right side of the screen. That searches another set of libraries we have access to. If that fails you can always make an interlibrary loan request.
St Louis City Library patrons do not have direct access to MOBIUS but they can get a St Louis County library card for free. I did notice recently that the City has JSTOR access for its patrons. County patrons can also get a City card for free and access JSTOR (and Libby etc.)
Sorry for the wall of text but I have one other bit of good library news. Interlibrary loan requests used to be limited to 5 items at a time and that has increased to 10.
If you have questions feel free to ask here or you can call SLCL's main number 314-994-3300 or use the "contact us" link on the slcl.org webpage.
Go forth and research!

Yours in service,
Slainey ni Chiarain