enhance B1 archive format with packJPG and packMP3

Stephan Busch

Oct 9, 2013, 6:25:22 PM10/9/13
to b1-pack...@googlegroups.com
Dear Team of B1 Archiver,

I am archiving every day and recently ame across your free B1 Archiver.
After installation your tutorial pops up - including some images where
B1 handles JPEG images and MP3 songs.

Both formats an be compressed losslessly with free and open source formats
so I want to suggest you to add both to your B1 archive format.
The programs are called packJPG (LGPL like 7-Zip) and packMP3 (GPL).
Both an be found here: http://www.matthiasstirner.com/
And I can confirm that both are truly lossless - feel free to test yourself.

What do you think?

Adam Buyer

Oct 10, 2013, 5:00:41 AM10/10/13
to b1-pack...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stephan

That sounds very interesting.
I'll check it and investigate how can we add them to B1.
Thanks for the suggestion, very much appreciate it.

Thanks,
Adam