zip filename length restriction on OSX

Daniel W

Jul 5, 2013, 3:43:52 AM7/5/13
to b1-pack...@googlegroups.com
I think it's a bug. When I try to compress a folder (from finder's submenu) with a long name the resulting zip archive just contains a part of the name. The cut is done after 43 characters if I counted right.

A feature request:
Could you add an option when compressing to ignore all .DS_Store files to make the zip file "PC-friendly"?

Thanks

Adam Buyer

Jul 5, 2013, 4:56:54 AM7/5/13
to b1-pack...@googlegroups.com
It shouldn't trim when compressing, could you tell the exact path and name?
Skipping .DS_Store is a very good idea, thanks, I'll add it to our to-do list.

Daniel W

Jul 5, 2013, 5:22:00 AM7/5/13
to b1-pack...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for confusion, seems that the problem is not the length, but the dots in the name of the folder:

Folder_v1.0.0_WillBeCut
will be:
Folder_v1.0.zip

long names without dots are handled correctly
Message has been deleted