Looking for a movie title

John T

Aug 6, 2019, 11:17:47 PM8/6/19
to b-mo...@googlegroups.com
Received a request for a movie title, off list. Any help would be
appreciated...  I don't know if it qualifies as a B Movie or not but
here's the info:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I don't know the actors, but a little about the story line.

The Story is placed in New York City.
A lady has a boyfriend and another fellow is interested in her.
This girl, one evening, is going to perform on Amateur Night in a Comedy
Club.
She has invited her boyfriend, but says she hopes he doesn't attend,
because of her nerves.
The boyfriend doesn't show, which hurts her feelings, anyway. The 2nd
fellow, who is interested, does come to the club to show support and
tries to calm her nerves with a pep talk of sorts.
Her performance begins( I think she has been misinformed that serious
music is wanted)
Her singing is nice, but it isn't comedy and the audience is typically
unforgiving.
Her reaction to her acceptance turns her performance of music into a a
very funny act that wins the award,
The new beau is now #1.
This is only about 20-minutes of the film and the the rest is not
remembered.