Vote for Star Party

Vishwanath S K

Apr 1, 2023, 3:58:14 AM4/1/23
to Bangalore Astronomical Society
Hi All,
On Behalf of BAS, I am happy to announce that we will be contesting in upcoming elections.

Vote for the “Star” Party!

Greetings citizens of Karnataka! You know that BAS has been conducting star parties in Coorg district for many years now. Many of you have spent tens of thousands of rupees hauling your equipment all the way to Coorg to beat light pollution. Would it not be nice to live in a Karnataka where you could do astronomy from the cities?

We are pleased to announce our political wing, the “Star” Party will be contesting Karnataka Govt. elections. Find our party symbol 👀 “Averted Vision” on the ballots this year!

Our manifesto: If elected,
We will institute rules across Karnataka to make sure all lights are shielded, dim and facing downwards. Security lights will be on motion sensors and street lights will be only deployed where necessary.

Any light trespass will carry have fine by police that you cannot wiggle out of. Police will accept bribe only for non-light-related crimes.

We will provide reimbursement for central Govt. import duties on astronomy gear

Banks will be required to provide loans at low interest rates for astronomy equipment, with a special discounted price for astrophotographers due to high principal

Will convert all water tanks to observatories with top equipment. Astronomy is a basic need!

We will legalize kickbacks for MLAs and corporators from Celestron, Astrophysics and PlaneWave Instruments so that they are incentivized to build observatories all over the city.

The day of new moon and next three nights will be declared public holidays.

We will petition IAU to name stars after Dr. Rajkumar, Puneet Rajkumar, Shankar Nag, and other Karnataka icons to take Karnataka pride into the skies.

We will ensure Mysore 6-lane expressway is extended to Coorg.

We will restrict traffic to vehicles with odd-numbered and even-numbered license plates on different days of the week to reduce headlights at night. All headlights shall be converted to "red" light.

We will declare “State Emergency” during major astronomical events so that light-polluters can be arrested immediately without due process.

We will do extensive research into cloud-seeding to bring rains to north Karnataka while also resulting in clear skies.

We will escalate international pressure to suppress the explosion of satellites and aircraft in the sky by using Bangalore-based offices of tech companies as a negotiating pawn.

We will give the Karnataka Ratna award to Neil de Grasse Tyson, Dr. G. Srinvasan, Sri H R Madhusudan, Dr. Prajval Shastri.

Sleeping in the political rallies will be okay to make sure our leaders can stay awake throughout the night.

Why vote for us? Because in addition to our wonderful manifesto, we will give free Edmund Mag 5 Star Atlas to every home! In contentious constituencies where we face strong opposition, we will even give department-store telescopes to our voters!

Our candidates:
Moon Starur
Hoodieyurappa
DKSkyKumar (DarKSkyKumar)

Our CM candidate:
BASavaraja B

Other parties make astronomical promises, we deliver!

Avinash Maverick

Apr 1, 2023, 4:10:37 AM4/1/23
to b-...@googlegroups.com
This is hilarious, too good sir. #foolsday

--
News - http://www.bas.org.in/
Events - http://www.bas.org.in/Home/events_calendar

priya Ganesh