Northern Stingray Nebula - Discovery

Koushik S

Apr 1, 2016, 1:38:13 AM4/1/16
to b-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I recently came across this post on the discovery of a new planetary nebula - Northern Stingray Nebula, by Jerry Lodriguss

I found it remarkable that the total exposure time was 61,362 hours - about 7 years!

--
regards,
Koushik. S

Akarsh Simha

Apr 1, 2016, 1:56:05 AM4/1/16
to b-...@googlegroups.com
Heavens, this is serious!!! What an amazing achievement! Thanks for sharing!

Regards
Akarsh

Akarsh Simha

Apr 1, 2016, 1:58:08 AM4/1/16
to b-...@googlegroups.com
Wait a minute, damn it! damn it! damn it!

Abhilash .P

Apr 1, 2016, 1:58:45 AM4/1/16
to b-...@googlegroups.com

I was stunned that you fell for this one, for a moment :D

--
News - http://www.bas.org.in/
Events - http://www.bas.org.in/Home/events_calendar

Akarsh Simha

Apr 1, 2016, 1:58:54 AM4/1/16
to b-...@googlegroups.com
I see that the revenge has been taken.

Adarsh A.

Apr 1, 2016, 1:59:14 AM4/1/16
to b-...@googlegroups.com
Not to forget the date is April 1st. We have to wait a day or two for confirmation.
But on a serious note, this is really amazing.

Regards,
Adarsh Ananth.

Akarsh Simha

Apr 1, 2016, 1:59:57 AM4/1/16
to b-...@googlegroups.com
> I was stunned that you fell for this one, for a moment :D

Well, we are just 30 minutes in over here, so I was not in the mode
yet, although I have been plotting against my students for a while.

Regards
Akarsh

Adarsh A.

Apr 1, 2016, 2:03:45 AM4/1/16
to b-...@googlegroups.com

Smudge tool nebula maybe. :P

Koushik S

Apr 1, 2016, 2:10:35 AM4/1/16
to b-...@googlegroups.com

On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 11:28 AM, Akarsh Simha <akars...@gmail.com> wrote:
Wait a minute, damn it! damn it! damn it!

I still remember your last year's post of a naked-eye supernova - which turned out to be Saturn.

--
regards,
Koushik. S

Akarsh Simha

Apr 1, 2016, 2:43:04 AM4/1/16
to b-...@googlegroups.com
> On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 11:28 AM, Akarsh Simha <akars...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Wait a minute, damn it! damn it! damn it!
>>

> I still remember your last year's post of a naked-eye supernova - which
> turned out to be Saturn.

Yes, that's why I said it's revenge. For the last 4 years, I've been
doing the honours. Past cases have included:

Naked-Eye Supernova
Higgs Boson discovery (before it actually happened)
Dr. Vishnu Reddy discovers a comet (with Vishnu Reddy being party to the joke)
Antares has gone supernova.

Regards
Akarsh

Pon.G.Nithya