A new catalogue to pursue on cloudy nights!

Akarsh Simha

Mar 31, 2024, 6:50:26 PMMar 31
to The Bangalore Astronomical Society
Hello folks,

As you all know it has been a rather disappointing season for BAS members, with our star party nights ending up cloudy. Well, such is the nature of this hobby. Perhaps you attempted but could not finish the Messier Marathon. To continue engaging our members through the cloudy monsoon season, we created an entire catalog of objects that you can enjoy during even cloudy skies. Although our new "NGC" catalog is not organized by right ascension, the objects are easy to find thanks to the use of advanced navigation systems. Even the coordinates of our objects are not affected by precession, although the objects may end up as black holes in decades and new novae may appear to replace them. But be warned: do not try to do an NGC marathon in a single day -- lest you end up in the hospital.

After a systematic survey of many regions spanning several decades, we hereby present to you, the "Natarajan Gastronomical Catalogue 2024.0", compiled by Sudhash Natarajan et. al. (2024) -- a catalogue of deep-fried objects!

https://maps.app.goo.gl/9psfMf25BXpRH9W48

Happy April Fools from Team BAS

(Disclaimer: This are a few members' opinions and BAS does not make official endorsements of any of the establishments)