BAS & JAIN Presents AWE 2023 - 1-day Workshop on Astronomy on 30th Sept 2023 (Saturday)

Sudhash Natarajan

Sep 25, 2023, 3:09:56 AM9/25/23
to Bangalore Astronomical Society

Hello fellow astronomy enthusiasts

Bangalore Astronomical Society (BAS) in collobration with Jain (to be Deemed University) School of Sciences Is announcing its unique event - An event to learn about astronomy from fellow amateur astronomers, interact with experienced amateur astronomers, discuss their experiences. Astronomy Workshop for Enthusiasts (AWE) - September 2023.

AWE - Who is it intended for?
Any one who is interested in astronomy & want to understand what it takes to be an amateur visual astronomer / astrophotographer & for anyone who would like to know what is their next step in their pursuit of astronomy (even if not a beginner).

AWE - When?
30th September 2023 // 9am to 630pm // Saturday

AWE - Program details
09:00 - 09:30  Registration
09:30 - 09:45  Introduction AWE 2023
09:45 - 13:00  Introduction to Astronomy, Visual Astronomy, Equipments & Experiences
13:00 - 13:30  Working Lunch + 'Ask the Experts Q&A'
13:30 - 16:00  Introduction to Astrophotography, Equipments & Experiences
16:15 - 16:45  Introduction to ATM, Amateur Telescope Making
16:45 - 17:00  Valedictory Note
17:00 - 18:30  'Ask The Experts Q&A' & Networking along with BAS Volunteers

AWE - How to attend
Please see the attached poster. Scan the QR code for registration. OFFLINE only event.

Note:
Limited seats - so grab yours quickly
Be ready with your UPI Payment & Uploading of screenshot of the payment
The google form requires sign-in - not avoidable as the upload of the payment feature requires Google sign-in

LatestPoster.jpg

Sudhash Natarajan

Sep 29, 2023, 7:03:12 AM9/29/23
to Bangalore Astronomical Society
Hello all,

The registration stands closed for the workshop event. Thank you for the overwhelming response.

Regards

Megha Nugehally

Oct 17, 2023, 1:24:12 AM10/17/23
to b-...@googlegroups.com
Namaste!

I’m looking to buy a pair of Astro binoculars. Would appreciate some good recommendations that are available in India. Also wanted to know if it’s better to buy them abroad. If I did will I get good service here in India.

Thanks
Megha

Harshal Raje

Oct 31, 2023, 3:21:22 AM10/31/23
to b-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Megha

I presume you are going to use it for regular but casual stargazing / star-hopping / getting acquainted with the star patterns that are visible through the binoculars, then I would suggest you opt for a good 8X50 or 10X50(upper limit) as you would be using these binocs handheld.

Now coming to the second part of your question - Import or local vendor? Well, times have changed and we do get good-quality binoculars here in India. Look for reputed vendors and read their reviews - esp 1-2 stars (you will get to WHY they got those ratings) Ultimately the cost of importing will always be higher than the cost of buying it here in India.

Celestron
Olympus
Nikon
are easily available in India

I hope this helps answer your questions. There will be more replies, more insights, and more helpful pointers.

Clear Skies