BAS Event : Star Party Jan 2022

Vishwanath S K

Dec 24, 2021, 7:53:16 AM12/24/21
to Bangalore Astronomical Society
Dear All,

The much awaited announcement about the next star party is here.

After a disastrous beginning to the season in December, January 2022 seems to be a good break in the weather and winter has nicely set in.

The star party being conducted by BAS is between 1st & 3rd January 2022. We usually do it in the new moon weekends to utilise the maximum of the dark skies.

Please read the other pinned post for details what happens in a star party.

Now onto the January star party. Upon registration, you can start to prepare for the trip - reading about astronomy, preparing to packaging your gear, spending time with Stellarium (or star charts) and understanding constellations in the night sky, preparing observation lists and/or targets to shoot (if you are into AP) etc.

3-4 days before the actual travel, we will share exact location, route maps, to assist you in travel.

Please watch out for carpooling options too. You will be added to a smaller WhatsApp group for coordination (temporary), in which you discuss further discuss details.

Please do read the instructions in full, as the guidelines keep changing (Govt). And also to understand the facilities and options available. Please complete the registration only if you are 100% confirmed of going.

The link to register is here.
https://forms.gle/wj8zkbSafzHpMTDh9

See you at the star party.