Recommendation for binoculars for astronomical purposes

Siddharth Kuchimanchi

Jan 2, 2024, 3:12:14 AMJan 2
to Bangalore Astronomical Society
Good morning everyone and a Happy New Year,
I would like to all of your opinions on the Celestron 71009 Skymaster 15x70 binoculars
as I would like to purchase it. If anyone owns these binoculars, please do tell me about the quality and how well they function.
Thanks in advance
Siddharth

Nandan narasimha

Feb 19, 2024, 1:41:07 AMFeb 19
to Bangalore Astronomical Society
Hi,
I have had the 15x70 binoculars for a few years now.
PROS:
  • Good optics
  •                70mm is more than enough even for Deep Sky Objects. Have seen Triangulum Galaxy, Andromeda galaxy, finer details in Orion  Nebula,          Omega Centauri, M45, most planets... The list goes on
  • After using it for 8 years, I see the need for some collimation
CONS:
  • Heavy, cannot use it hand held for more than a minute
  • Will surely need a good tripod and a bracket to connect to the tripod
  • Only for astronomical use; birding , for instance will be difficult. Simply because of the weight
While, I'm very happy with its performance, you might want to consider, other 8x40 or 10x50 binoculars. Celestron, Nikon, many brads in that space.

Jensin Joshua

Feb 19, 2024, 10:36:45 PMFeb 19
to b-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
 Is there any star paty upcoming around bangalore?

regards,
J.Joshua M.E., CEng., MASME., AMIE., AMAeSI.,
Mob : 09791933250
Mail : jjen...@gmail.com

--
News - http://www.bas.org.in/