BAS Event : Star Party of March 2023

Vishwanath S K

Mar 3, 2023, 7:15:33 AM3/3/23
to Bangalore Astronomical Society
Hi All,

We are back with the Fourth (and probably last of the season) installment of Star Party/gazing event this winter season, on behalf of BAS Volunteers.
Glad to announce the commencement of registrations for BAS Star Party of March 2023, on the new moon weekend of March 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 25th & 26th 2023, under the pristine dark skies of Coorg.

Please do note that 22nd Mar 2023 is a Wednesday & Ugadi Festival.

Please note that March is the month of Messier Marathon for our latitudes. Hence 24th & 25th Mar 2023 are designated as Messier Marathon nights. Participants for the Messier Marathon shall not be disturbed during their pursuit (unless they do invite you to see their views).

Registrations are open and we have limited capacity at the venue, so hurry up and book a slot soon.
Upon registration, you can start to prepare for the trip - reading about astronomy, preparing to packaging your gear, spending time with Stellarium (or star charts) and understanding constellations in the night sky, preparing observation lists and/or targets to shoot (if you are into AP) etc.

Please watch out for carpooling options too. You will be added to a smaller Telegram group for coordination (temporary), in which you discuss further details.
Please do read the instructions in full, as the some guidelines might change. And also to understand the facilities and options available.
Please complete the registration only if you are 100% confirmed of going. Please do note that the cancellation rules have changed too. Cancellations upto 72hrs prior ie. 19th Mar 2022), refunds will be made. Cancellations post 19th Mar 2023, will not be eligible for any refund.

The link to register is here.

https://forms.gle/8hXgD2bf6cFcc7YV9

This link, should have all the required details.

See you at the star party.

Aseem Kumar

Mar 4, 2023, 11:08:37 PM3/4/23
to Bangalore Astronomical Society
Hello team,

I do not have any telescope/binoculars with me. Is everyone supposed to bring one?

Is there someone I can speak with for more info and questions?

Thanks you.

Akarsh Simha

Mar 4, 2023, 11:18:19 PM3/4/23
to b-...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Mar 4, 2023 at 20:08 Aseem Kumar <kumar...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello team,

I do not have any telescope/binoculars with me. Is everyone supposed to bring one?

This is not necessary. You can share equipment with persons that are willing to share. There will be one designated telescope for people without their owned equipment on all beginner nights.

Regards
Akarsh

--
News - http://www.bas.org.in/
Events - http://www.bas.org.in/Home/events_calendar

Vishwanath S K

Mar 6, 2023, 4:24:08 AM3/6/23
to Bangalore Astronomical Society
Absolutely not required.
We encourage people to bring telescope/binoculars only if you already have and want to leverage the dark skies and if you can manage to handle the logistical issue of transporting it.

If you are a beginner, Star party is the best place to get to know the true power of telescope/binoculars, and other members will be happy to share the views of objects through them.
As Akarsh mentioned, we will have a BAS designated telescope for all beginner nights.

Naman Mohanty

Mar 13, 2023, 5:15:58 AM3/13/23
to b-...@googlegroups.com
Hi
Can I get anyone's phone number, just have some doubt regarding the star party