Where is the best place in Coorg to star gaze?

Amalan Thiyagarajah

Feb 3, 2023, 1:34:52 PM2/3/23
to Bangalore Astronomical Society
Hi guys. I am going to Coorg this weekend and would like to know where is the best place in Coorg for star gazing?

keerthi kiran

Feb 3, 2023, 1:40:30 PM2/3/23
to b-...@googlegroups.com
You have to find a place far from towns and other resorts. Also, you have to switch off local lights in the premises.
Places near Virajapete, Talakaveri etc are pretty good.
However, this weekend, the moon will be nearly full. So, you won't be able to enjoy the sky.

Thanks and Regards
Keerthi

--
News - http://www.bas.org.in/