Need Help - Collimation

Shobhit Deo

Jun 19, 2021, 9:26:30 AM6/19/21
to b-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Members,

Hope you and your families are safe and well.
I had recently couriered my Celestron astromaster 130eq from my hometown to Bangalore.
Its 2ndary mirror is out of alignment, request help fixing it.

As of now, I don't have 'collimation kit' and most youtube videos have used laser and kits for it.

I stay in Electronic City, If someone stays nearby and help me with collimation, I can carry my telescope to that location.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Stay Safe!

--
Regards,
Shobhit Deo

astrosathya

Jun 19, 2021, 9:37:10 AM6/19/21
to b-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shobhit,
while I dont stay close by, I can definitely say that you can make your own collimation cap with the existing dust cap of the telescope's focuser. Mark the centre of the dust cap and poke a hot needle (1-1.5mm) right in the centre. This makes it a basic collimation cap useful for collimating the scope for visual use.

Thanks and Regards
Sathyakumar Sharma,
Founder & Partner,
Universal Immersive Media and Education,
Bangalore.

Shobhit Deo

Jun 27, 2021, 1:48:39 AM6/27/21
to b-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Sathya, I have been able to achieve good results with your solution.

astrosathya