need help - telescope to camera adapter

rohit manivannan

Jun 28, 2021, 2:29:06 AM6/28/21
to Bangalore Astronomical Society
I have a nikon d5000 and a 150 mm celestron telescope. i was trying to find an adapter but different videos show different methods of attaching the camera to the telescope. I just wanted to know what adapter I am supposed to use?

astrosathya

Jun 28, 2021, 3:00:28 AM6/28/21
to b-...@googlegroups.com
depending on what focus the telescope has there will be only 1 or 2 ways to attach the camera.
1. If the focuser has T-Threads at its end, all you need is a T-Ring. Remove the Lens of the DSLR, replace the lens with the T-ring, screw it to the focuser.
2. If the focuser has a 2inch opening and no t-thread, then you need a 2 inch T-adapter screwed onto the T-ring and then insert the whole thing (with DSLR attached) into the focuser and tighten the 2 screws.

Thanks and Regards
Sathyakumar Sharma,
Founder & Partner,
Universal Immersive Media and Education,
Bangalore.