CEF ERROR SOLVED

Karit

Jan 23, 2020, 5:27:17 PM1/23/20
to Azuon

Anyone who can´t start their azuon program anymore, maybe it helps to try the following 2 steps. I had the same problem, but after doing this it works again. You have to add things to two different folders. The whole CEF folder to the first and the files from the CEF folder to the second folder.

1) Download the package from   https://azuon.com/en/download. Where it says "download this package".

Extract the files to your C:\Users\[Your UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Azuon\CEF. This folder is NOT the same folder where you installed Azuon to.

(In case you cant see a folder named AppData then it is probably "hidden".  To unhide it, you should click on the "view" tab on the top side of your folder and to the right there is a small checkbox with "hidden items")

After extracting check if you now have a CEF folder in your "C:\Users\[Your UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Azuon\" that has a bunch of files in it. Now, for a second step go inside the CEF folder and copy all the files from inside that folder (not a whole folder, but just the files).

2) Paste the files you just copied into your Azuon folder where the Azuon.exe file is (where you actually installed Azuon to, probably something like "C:\Program Files (x86)\Azuon").  Then run azuon.exe. Should work.

Maybe there are other solutions as well, but this worked for me.

Leszek Szczepanowski

Feb 1, 2020, 10:23:01 AM2/1/20
to Azuon
I think if I paid for a program, this error must be fixed by the author. Anyway, the login to the page or program does not work :(

Leszek Szczepanowski

Feb 1, 2020, 10:36:31 AM2/1/20
to Azuon
BTW, this workaround does not work for me at all.

Kostja

Feb 19, 2020, 9:50:59 AM2/19/20
to Azuon
I had the same problem and did the following:
1. Uninstalled Azuon.
2. Deleted manually all files from C:\Users\[Your Name]\AppData\Roaming\Azuon\CEF
3. Installed Azuon again
All my custom settings and custom regions have disappeared but at least it does now the search again.

Azuon

Mar 3, 2020, 6:32:44 PM3/3/20
to Azuon
Glad you found a solution. Note that both custom settings and regions will not disappear if you delete ONLY the CEF folder in the path you mentioned. Apparently you deleted the entire AppData\Roaming\Azuon folder, which was not necesssary to solve the CEF-related issues.