Assistance Needed for Accessing Primary Source Document - RR

Genivaldo Gueiros

Jun 22, 2024, 6:04:20 PM (10 days ago) Jun 22
to Azores Genealogy

Hi All,

I was reading the amazing book "Genealogias de São Miguel e Santa Maria" by Rodrigo Rodrigues, and he cites a primary source titled "processo dos Legados Pios de Ponta Delgada, N.º 545."

Does anyone have any idea how I can access this document?

I have attached the reference from the book for your review.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Screenshot 2024-06-22 at 2.51.19 PM.png

David Furtado

Jun 22, 2024, 6:30:54 PM (10 days ago) Jun 22
to azo...@googlegroups.com
I believe, most of the information he received was housed in the library
I think he had access to all the files, books they have there, unfortunately they are not digitized , as far as I know

Orlando Venegas

Jun 22, 2024, 6:36:01 PM (10 days ago) Jun 22
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Aprovechando está conversación tienen un libro de Sao Jorge me gustaría poder leerlo

Cheri Mello

Jun 22, 2024, 7:04:07 PM (10 days ago) Jun 22
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Orlando,

You need to start a new thread about the book about the island of Sao Jorge. Otherwise, you message will be buried in a topic about Rodrigo Rodrigues and Sao Miguel island. Sao Jorge researchers aren't reading this thread. :)
Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: São Miguel island: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada

Cheri Mello

Jun 22, 2024, 7:07:22 PM (10 days ago) Jun 22
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Genivaldo,

I think I'm looking at the Archives' card catalog. Does this help? It sounds like what Dave Furtado is saying. It's only in hard copy.
Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: São Miguel island: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada

Orlando Venegas

Jun 22, 2024, 7:08:16 PM (10 days ago) Jun 22
to azo...@googlegroups.com

Genivaldo Gueiros

Jun 22, 2024, 11:49:46 PM (10 days ago) Jun 22
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Cheri and David - you are the best. I will contact some folks in Ponta Delgada and see if I can get someone to digitalize it for me. The "Biblioteca Pública e Arquivo Regional de Ponta Delgada" has helped me with some digitalization work recently - maybe they have access to it.

Best

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Azores Genealogy" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/azores/CAKUUw_GmEfRh5tuew20uDc1AmSLX2pWTV7iFbgaNCHWBsPMscA%40mail.gmail.com.

--
Genivaldo Silva, Ph.D