Manuel Jose Bernardo b. 1841 in Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel, to New Zealand

Cheri Mello

Jun 30, 2024, 12:07:06 PM (3 days ago) Jun 30
to Azores Genealogy
Repost for Kathleen Peake, kathleenrosepeakeat gmail.com

Hi there!

I was talking with my parents this evening about their recent trip to The Azores as they were tracing our family heritage
I am from New Zealand and a descendant of Manuel Jose Bernardo who was born in 1841 in Ponta Delgada. He was my grandfathers great grandfather from what I understand.

Kathleen

Gordon soares

Jun 30, 2024, 6:17:57 PM (2 days ago) Jun 30
to 'DORIS MELLO' via Azores Genealogy

Hi:
I saw your message on the Azores web site. I have a Bernardo in my family tree (you can see it on Ancestry.com (Soares family tree). I don’t have the time to double check but will in a day or two. I have a Bernardo who is my great grandmother. She was born about 1802 . Her last name Texeira was mentioned several times in my family but I’m not sure of her marriage to Teixera. I Don’t know if this is your Bernardo but below you have what I know of her. Manual Machado Soares was my grandfather, He was incognito so maybe you have a link to his real parents?
Gordon Soares

Bernardo Teixeira

BIRTH ABT 1852  Portugal

DEATH Unknown

Facts

  • Age 0 —Birth

    abt 1852 • Portugal

  • Age 22 —Birth of son MANUEL MACHADO SOARES (1874–1936)

    13 Aug 1874 • vila das lajes do pico, azores, Portugal

    Possible marriage records

  • Age 84 —Death of son MANUEL MACHADO SOARES (1874–1936)

    19 Apr 1936 • oakland, california

Sources

Ancestry Sources

  • Ancestry Family Trees