Sao Jorge Island Book

Orlando Venegas

Jun 22, 2024, 7:13:21 PM (10 days ago) Jun 22
to Azores Genealogy
Cherri recommended me to open a new thread about the book about the island of Sao Jorge. Cheri, if you read this, thank you, I think that's how it's done.

If anyone has the book, could you share it or explain to me where I can read this.

Cheri Mello

Jun 22, 2024, 7:20:50 PM (10 days ago) Jun 22
to azo...@googlegroups.com
There's a way to get to the books through the CCA. This might be it, but I'm not sure. I'd need a title of a book to be sure. Maybe you can play around and figure it out :)
Good luck,
Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: São Miguel island: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada

On Sat, Jun 22, 2024 at 4:13 PM Orlando Venegas <venega...@gmail.com> wrote:
Cherri recommended me to open a new thread about the book about the island of Sao Jorge. Cheri, if you read this, thank you, I think that's how it's done.

If anyone has the book, could you share it or explain to me where I can read this.

robertjm

Jun 23, 2024, 2:05:35 AM (10 days ago) Jun 23
to Azores Genealogy
If you are not already using their resources, you should check out the São Jorge Genealogy website. Lots of digital sources online, and definitely lots of researchers. They have a Facebook presence too at https://www.facebook.com/groups/sjgen

https://saojorgegenealogy.org

Jeremy is extremely enthusiastic when it comes to genealogy, and I'm sure he'd be able to help you out.

Good luck!!

Robert
(Texeira Machado family originating from Urzelina, São Jorge, and Rodrigues Cardin family from Flores; plus others)

Karen Ramos

Jun 24, 2024, 4:54:05 PM (8 days ago) Jun 24
to azo...@googlegroups.com

Karen Ramos

Jun 24, 2024, 4:54:20 PM (8 days ago) Jun 24
to azo...@googlegroups.com
I missed a second book!

Go to the site Cheri gave you:

Under Título, type: Genealogias de S   and pause until three titles that all say Genealogias de São Jorge appear.  Click on any one of them, and all three books will appear. The first and third book are copies of the same book. The one in the middle is a different book.

I suggested you stop at S when entering the title because it appears you must use the accent to enter the whole word São. If you can add accents feel free to type the whole title.

On Sat, Jun 22, 2024, 4:13 PM Orlando Venegas <venega...@gmail.com> wrote:
Cherri recommended me to open a new thread about the book about the island of Sao Jorge. Cheri, if you read this, thank you, I think that's how it's done.

If anyone has the book, could you share it or explain to me where I can read this.

Cheri Mello

Jun 24, 2024, 8:56:36 PM (8 days ago) Jun 24
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Good tip, Karen!