Translation. Jose son of jacinto

Paula Power

Jun 24, 2024, 8:38:31 PM (8 days ago) Jun 24
to azo...@googlegroups.com
17192721831111409003870199112209.jpg

Cheri Mello

Jun 24, 2024, 8:41:24 PM (8 days ago) Jun 24
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Who do you want us to look at? There are 4 records. Jacinto on the top left, Jose on the bottom left, Jose on the top right, Antonio on the bottom right.

The 2 Joses are both sons of Jacinto. It's always best to use full names too. :)
Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: São Miguel island: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada

JR

Jun 24, 2024, 9:00:24 PM (8 days ago) Jun 24
to Azores Genealogy
I think you better hold off on some of this line. Some of the info I gave you may be incorrect. There appears to be two or three couples with the same or similar names and it gets rather confusing.
Here is the transcription:

https://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-RG-CALHETAS-B-1837-1860/SMG-RG-CALHETAS-B-1837-1860_item1/index.html?page=87

page 84 verso, second record, baptismos de NS da Boa Viagem, Calhetas
Joze,  born- 15-April-1851, bap- 11-may-1851, filho de Jacinto Machado and Maria Ricarda, naturaes do lugar de Senhor Bom Jesus de Rabo de Peixe;
Pat- Joze Machado and Maria Joaquina;
Mat- Joze Dias and Anna de Jesus
pad- Manoel Joze Francisco cazado do lugar do Pico da Pedra
certified a Joze Machado, 17-Aug-1872, Cura Estrella

JesseAndDeborah Mendonca

Jun 24, 2024, 10:48:08 PM (8 days ago) Jun 24
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Yes.  Thank you. But still need the name.
Debbie

On Mon, Jun 24, 2024 at 5:38 PM Paula Power <medeiros...@gmail.com> wrote:

Paula Power

Jun 25, 2024, 10:11:27 AM (8 days ago) Jun 25
to azo...@googlegroups.com
I'm so sorry. It is Jose son of Jacinto Machado bottom left

Thank you

Paula Power

Jun 25, 2024, 10:11:34 AM (8 days ago) Jun 25
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Name is Jose I think it says son of Jacinto machado Dias. Bottom left corner

Cheri Mello

Jun 25, 2024, 10:15:55 AM (8 days ago) Jun 25
to azo...@googlegroups.com
JR extracted it for you. He said to wait before proceeding though, because of a lot of same names.
Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: São Miguel island: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada

JR

Jun 26, 2024, 3:49:40 PM (6 days ago) Jun 26
to Azores Genealogy
The starting  point was Jacinto as follows:

https://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-RG-CALHETAS-B-1890-1899/SMG-RG-CALHETAS-B-1890-1899_item1/index.html?page=7

record no-9, page 6, baptismos de NS da Boa Viagem das Calhetas
Jacintho, bap- 23-March-1890, born- 13-March-1890, filho de Jose Dias Machado and Maria de Jesus Mendes
Pat- Jacinto Machado senior and *Joaquina de Jesus Dias (not found);
Mat- Francisco Carreiro Mendes and Maria de Jesus Soares (Soares match not found)
Pad- Jose Cabral casado and madrinha, Jacintha da Gloria casada.
margin note- faleceu 31-Oct-1956, referido registo #443, Ribeira Grande, 05-Nov-1956, signed Cura Faria

This marriage for the parents appears to be close, but not an exact match:

https://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-RG-CALHETAS-C-1870-1877/SMG-RG-CALHETAS-C-1870-1877_item1/index.html?page=40

page 3, record no-3, 08-Nov-1876, casamentos das Calhetas
Jose Dias Machado com Maria da Estrella;
Ele 25 anos, solteiro, campaneo, filho de Jacintho Machado and Maria Ricarda Dias;
ela 20 anos, solteira, domestica, filha de Francisco Mendes and Maria da Estrella, todos naturaes e moradores nesta freguesia;

However,  the grandparents did not match for the name Joaquina de Jesus Dias married to the said Jacinto Machado. The closest match was this:

https://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-RG-CALHETAS-C-1837-1860/SMG-RG-CALHETAS-C-1837-1860_item1/index.html?page=17

page 15, casamentos de NS da Boa Viagem, Calhetas, March 13- 1845,
Jacintho Machado com *Maria Carlota, (my notes- is she Maria Dias also?)
He is filho de Jose Machado, defunto and Maria Joaquina;
she is filha de Jose Dias and Anna Joaquina defunta, baptizados Senhor Bom Jesus do Rabo de Peixe.
*(my notes) she is usually known as Maria Ricarda, but the other names match so it must be her. No other matches for this couple.

As you can see, this marriage works for Dias on one side and Mendes on the other. Maria Carlota seems way off, but there are no other names like this in Calhetas. I checked Fenais da Luz, but as yet not Rabo de Peixe for matches.

The baptisms for this couple,  match for Jose Dias Machado and Maria da Estrella. So I believe an error was made and these are the correct ancestors for Jacinto, bap- 23-March-1890.

You should collect more baptisms to help verify the findings. Hope this helps.

JR

Paula Power

Jun 26, 2024, 6:37:00 PM (6 days ago) Jun 26
to Azores Genealogy
Thank you so much. I remember my mom saying that her greatfather Jose was married 3 times.