A charitable plea...

Andrew Zimmerman Jones

Apr 23, 2009, 7:04:52 PM4/23/09
to azj...@yahoogroups.com, azj...@googlegroups.com, ias...@yahoogroups.com
Hello all,

Amber (my wife, for those not in the know) and I are collecting
donations for a local walk-a-thon. We are matching donations (up to a
limit of about $500 or so). Our goal is to raise a minimum of $250
(pre-match) by Sunday, April 26, and we've still got a ways to go.
Donations may be given securely online with either a credit card or
debit card at:

http://homewardboundindiana.org/profile/amberjones

We are walking to collect for the Salvation Army, Second Harvest Food
Bank, Dove Harbor (a local women's transition shelter), and Stepping
Stones for Veterans (a veteran transition organization/facility). These
are all local charities in the Madison/Delaware counties areas of
Indiana, which have been hit by flooding last year and also by many
factory closings over the last few years, so there's a great deal of
need in the area.

For the religious among you, 3 of the 4 are faith-based organizations,
so this can partially count as religious tithing (if you're so inclined)!

Anyway, thanks for your time and, for those who are able, your donation.

Sincerely,
Andrew Zimmerman Jones
Andrew Zimmerman Jones, author
http://www.azjones.info/