Geek & Sundry Science!

Andrew Zimmerman Jones

Jun 20, 2013, 9:40:49 PM6/20/13
to Andrew Zimmerman Jones, Andrew Zimmerman Jones
Hello everybody,

Been a while since I communicated through this list, but I just wanted to let everyone know about the bold new adventure I'm embarking upon. In addition to the About.com Physics website and blog, I am branching out into a video podcast series on science. The goal is to have this on the Geek & Sundry YouTube channel. Geek & Sundry is a major gathering place of geek culture, and somehow they've been around for about a year, but have no science programming!

Geek and Sundry is currently having a contest to determine twelve vloggers to join their line-up. My audition video is up at the link below.

If you're able, please consider checking it out and clicking on "Vote." You can vote once a day! Every vote counts, since some people clearly have large networks and followings. On the plus side, a lot of the highest-voted rankers currently cover the same subject matter (games, books, and so on) so there's a need for a science vlog to add some diversity to the mix!

Tell your friends and spread the word to other science enthusiasts. Even if I don't get the vlog spot with Geek & Sundry, I will continue this vlogging experience, so please check it out and let me know what you think. Constructive comments are always welcome!

All the best,
Andrew

logo
Andrew Zimmerman Jones
Freelance writer
author, String Theory For Dummies

"One would almost think it impossible to make something as recondite as string theory clear to laypeople, but Jones pulls it off with wit and panache.... [String Theory For Dummies] is a worthy companion to Hawking and Mlodinow's A Briefer History of Time. Highly recommended." - Robert J. Sawyer
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google Plus Blogger about.me