How to toggle between Latha font to any English font in MS word etc by pressing F10.

Rajadurai Venkatesan

Feb 3, 2016, 5:42:55 AM2/3/16
to அழகி (Azhagi)

Dear Shri Viswanathan & all users of Azhagi,

I came to know about your Azhagi software thru 'மக்கள் அரங்கம்' program in Vijay TV & using it whenever required to my official needs. It's so fantastic. Thanks to giving this software free to public.

And this is regarding the issue I face while using Azhagi (Old version - not Azhagi+), which is given below:

1. When I type in Word / Excel in Tamil using say 'Latha' font and wants to add English words in between my document, If I press F10, the font area in Word never toggle between 'Latha' to the english font which I used recently or which I selected for the first time in the same document. Every time I need to select it from the pop up list. To simply say Toggling between english to tamil (Latha) font happens easily with F10, but vice versa is not happening. Can you please suggest me what to do?

2. If we need to type the sanskrit word 'ஸ்' we type 'x'. but it displays 'ஃஸ்' . Then we delete 'ஃ' . Why it's so? What is the english keyword to type 'ஸ்' ?

Please reply,

Warm Regards,
Venkatesan.R

Viswanathan (a z h a g i . c o m)

Feb 4, 2016, 1:09:25 AM2/4/16
to azhagi google group
Dear Sri. Venkatesan,

My humble greetings to you.

I suppose you are referring to the 'Arattai Arangam' program in 2003, in which I demonstrated 'Azhagi' (old) briefly.

Noted your kind words for Azhagi. As ever, ALL thanks to the Lord Almighty.

1. Start using Azhagi+ (AzhagiPlus) and let me know what happens. You can use the same F10 key in Azhagi+ also, if you exit 'Azhagi' completely before starting Azhagi+. Instructions for download/installing/using Azhagi+ are at http://azhagi.com/steps-in-tamil-regular.html. Azhagi+ is more advantageous than Azhagi, has more features, and more user-friendly. Only if you start using it, you will understand it.

2. If you type 'S', you will get 'ஸ்'. 'x' is mapped to 'ஃஸ்' as in அலெஃஸாண்டர், டெஃஸ்டைல்ஸ், etc.

Note-A: It is not that always you have to type 'S' to get 'ஃஸ்'. In words/names like viswam, aswini, etc. Azhagi will automatically convert 's' itself to 'ஸ்'.

Note-B: In Azhagi+ [AzhagiPlus], 'x' is mapped to 'க்ஷ்' [as the 'x' in Laxman] and hence 'X' is mapped to 'ஃஸ்').

Note-C: All the English-to-Tmail key mappings are inbuilt into both Azhagi and Azhagi+. They are available online too (with many examples) at http://azhagi.com/az-tamil-modern.html. Please go through them.

By the by, for further queries, if any, kindly please write in Azhagi's facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/Azhagi) and not in this google group. I have shifted to  https://www.facebook.com/groups/Azhagi since Oct 2014. I have informed it already in this group.

Kindly ack. receipt of this mail, when possible.

with prayers & regards - viswanathan, azhagi.com

kindly spread the news of unique freewares Azhagi/Azhagi+

Ramasamy Rajadurai Venkatesan

Feb 5, 2016, 6:24:52 AM2/5/16
to azh...@googlegroups.com

Dear Shri. Viswanathan,

Thanks for ur reply. I'll do as per ur advice.

Warm Regards,
R.Venkatesan