News Updates from Quetta

Altaf Hussain Safdari

Apr 17, 2010, 10:42:27 AM4/17/10
to Altaf Hussain

Once again echoed with the blast of 15 kilogram explosive out side civil hospital

Quetta: April 16, 2010: Once again echoed with the blast of 15 kilogram explosive out side civil hospital, Quetta killing 10 and injuring 35 others on Friday. Deputy Superintendent Police Zahir Shah Kazmi was also killed in the attack.

 Member National Assembly Syed Nasir Ali was on visit to civil hospital when the explosion took place. The MNA is also injured in the blast. The attack was precisely a sectarian killing, carried out by banned organization “LASHKAR JANGUWI”. The organization has accepted the responsibility.

Unfortunately, Hazara nation in Pakistan are facing tremendous segregation due to its race and religion. We are regretting to mention that the Media in Pakistan do not cooperate with our nation in providing access to coverage of our peaceful movement and other Human Rights activities. The high scale of Hazara nation’s isolation is a precise sign of discrimination to our inhabitant.

For more information please click here… http://www.hazaranation.com/news1.htm#n225

For more Photos please click here… http://www.hazaranation.com/CivilHosp-16-04-2010.htm

Editorial: Role of Security Agencies and Media Regarding Target Killings of the Hazaras:

Yet in another obnoxious act of sectarian cum ethnical killings at least eleven people mostly belonging to Hazara tribe have lost their life and around forty others were wounded in a suicide bombing at civil hospital Quetta soon after the targeted killing of a young Hazara banker Arshad Zaidi at the most crowded central part of the city at Mannan Chowk at the cross section of Jinnah Road and Kandhari Bazaar.

The blast outside the casualty ward of Quetta civil hospital and targeted killing of Arshad Zaidi indicate that both the incidents were closely linked together and planned by one group. The plan was aimed at targeting maximum number of Hazara tribe people and killing their first ever and only member of the national assembly Syed Nasir Shah who had rushed to the hospital after hearing the news of Mr Zaidi’s murder.

For more information please click here… http://www.hazaranation.com/news1.htm#n226

Altaf Hussain Safdari

Moderator www.hazaranation.com

Cell: +92-321-801 7161