Golf from the Salt Pans

kwn...@gmail.com

Mar 16, 2021, 5:35:05 AM3/16/21
to ayrshir...@googlegroups.com

Hi Iain,

Like you, I would love to find bragging rights to golf being played in Prestwick before other places. I think it is unlikely that it would be from the salt houses on St Nicholas. They were built by Richard Oswald in 1766 to cover two salt pans that he had ordered from a Bo’ness distributor.

St Andrews, Montrose and Musselburgh all date back to the 16th century.

Ken Nairn