Keep Contactin' goes Open Source!

AXYZ Mobile

Sep 2, 2007, 6:55:54 AM9/2/07
to AXYZ Mobile
Hello everybody!

Today we are happy to announce an event, which we are all excited
about. We decided to move our early and small application Keep
Contactin' to the Open Source model!

Keep Contactin' was so far a simple address book application, which
allowed you to manage your contacts in the similar way the Microsoft
Pocket Outlook does and also had advanced sorting functionality
(sorting contacts by First/Last Name, Address, Phone Number and etc.)

By moving the project to Open Source we want to accomplish the
following goals:
- At first, let the community to use our code and knowledge and
contribute to the development of the program
- If possible, switch from the .NET Compact Framework and C# platform
to the old good Win32 and C++ language.
- Become PIM.VOL-independent.
- Add some other features, which were required by our users...

The current and future code are licensed under the GNU General Public
License (GPL) and available from SourceForge.net.

If you are a coder, designer, architect, tech writer please JOIN US
NOW! Let's create the best software together!

Project homepage: http://sourceforge.net/projects/keepcontactin/
SVN repository: https://keepcontactin.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/keepcontactin/
Discussion forum: http://www.axyzmobile.com/forum/keep-contactin/

Best regards,