Attributes in Higher Education

dbloete

Jun 5, 2008, 4:08:42 AM6/5/08
to axschema
I came accross this blog post by Will Harris on Attributes in Higher
Education [1], because I'm writing my bachelor thesis about using
OpenID for identity management in academia.

Right now I'm facing the exact same problem which he is talking about,
because I have to define schemas for the Attribute Exchange (student
data like degree course, matriculation number and so on) - so I
thought I might ask if someone knows of any work that has already be
done in this field (maybe existing schemes for eduPerson). It would be
great, because then I could reuse existing schemes and would not have
to invent some on my own.

What do you think would be the best way to define those schemes if
they do not already exist? I'd really like to go the way of using
hCard to introduce new attributes, because this makes more sense to
me.

Thanks,
Dennis

[1] http://willnorris.com/2007/11/try-reuse-catch-ex-reinvent