Auto-Signup: individual versus organization <=> home versus business

1 view

Jens Wagner

Jan 20, 2008, 2:08:22 PM1/20/08
to axschema
Many online shops allow customer signups of individual persons as well
as organizations.

So depending on the type of customer (individual versus organization),
the site would require different attribute values.

The type of customer could be set to 'organization' if http://axschema.org/company/name
has an value. But the OpenID consumer site wouldn't have a possibility
to say upfront: I would require all 'home' address fields or all
'business' address fields.

This is because 'openid.ax.required=' doesn't support dependencies.

My proposal is to combine the address fields to a 'general' set:

http://axschema.org/contact/postalAddress/general

The general fields could be virtual, e.g. an OpenID provider could
create them out of the home/business address on the fly, when
required.

Any thoughts?

Best,
- jens