Any Newbie's guide?

Daniel Fath

Apr 5, 2013, 5:39:25 AM4/5/13
to axr-...@googlegroups.com

Hi, I'm trying to experiment with AXR and I've run into my first hurdle. I can't find a tutorial for how to create your first Hello world page and then stylize it. I've created a 'test.xml' and added the text in it. It displays correctly (and updates on save, nice work!) but I'm unsure how add styles.

Miro Keller

Apr 5, 2013, 5:48:52 AM4/5/13
to axr-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel:

Sadly, our documentation is pretty bad still :( You can see our WIP tutorials here: https://github.com/axr/extras/tree/master/tutorials

If you follow them and run into any problem, please report to the list, or contact me personally. I'm happy to provide you assistance to get you up and running :)

Cheers,
Miro

El 05/04/2013, a las 10:39, Daniel Fath <daniel...@gmail.com> escribió:

Hi, I'm trying to experiment with AXR and I've run into my first hurdle. I can't find a tutorial for how to create your first Hello world page and then stylize it. I've created a 'test.xml' and added the text in it. It displays correctly (and updates on save, nice work!) but I'm unsure how add styles.

Daniel Fath

Apr 6, 2013, 4:33:10 PM4/6/13
to axr-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot, that was a nice tutorial :) Albeit it seems that the example crashed when I clicked the element. Keep up the good work

Miro Keller

Apr 7, 2013, 2:48:07 PM4/7/13
to axr-...@googlegroups.com
Hey Daniel:

Thanks a lot for the kind words :)

What version of the Browser did you use? The precompiled build on the website or did you build it yourself?

If you were using the 0.4.8 build from the site, it could be that the crash is already resolved in the current development branch of our git repository.

Cheers,
Miro

Jake Petroules

Apr 7, 2013, 2:52:46 PM4/7/13
to axr-...@googlegroups.com
https://github.com/axr/core/issues/200, most likely.
--
Jake Petroules
"Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune."

Daniel Fath

Apr 8, 2013, 3:43:42 AM4/8/13
to axr-...@googlegroups.com
No problem you deserve it :) The one from the website. I haven't yet gotten to playing around with its source.