Axographio to read folder (and subfolders)?

Henrik Mårtenzon

Jun 14, 2015, 1:53:41 PM6/14/15
to axogr...@googlegroups.com
I seek to write a python script that can search a folder (possibly subfolders) for axograph files (intracellular recordings of single cells), read the files and of course output relevant data.

My needs are quite simple. I only need to code for the basics of single cell spike characteristics to identify what kind of cell I have recorded. I am very new to Python so I am not aware of how to fully implement this and what is possible using python with axographio.

What would be a useful start? It would be ideal if I could tell axographio to read a folder but my gut feeling tells me that I probably have to use other python module/code to get folder content and then extract each file , then read it with axographio. Any advice on will help at this point. I have very limited time to write this whereby a starting point is super useful.

Henrik Mårtenzon

Jun 30, 2015, 5:23:23 PM6/30/15
to axogr...@googlegroups.com
Can I modify something to allow multiple arguments or let the axographio.read be able to take a variable as argument?