axographio

dramin thirteenhundred

Dec 29, 2011, 5:11:21 PM12/29/11
to axographio
Im new to linux, using debbian squeeze, and would like to get
axographio but I keep getting this error when I try to install. Any
advice?

root@dmoose:/home/dramin1300/Desktop/axographio-0.1.1b1# easy_install
numpy
install_dir /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/
Searching for numpy
Best match: numpy 1.4.1
numpy 1.4.1 is already the active version in easy-install.pth

Using /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6
Processing dependencies for numpy
Finished processing dependencies for numpy
root@dmoose:/home/dramin1300/Desktop/axographio-0.1.1b1# easy_install
Cython
install_dir /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/
Searching for Cython
Best match: Cython 0.12.1
Cython 0.12.1 is already the active version in easy-install.pth

Using /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6
Processing dependencies for Cython
Finished processing dependencies for Cython
root@dmoose:/home/dramin1300/Desktop/axographio-0.1.1b1# easy_install
axographio
install_dir /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/
Processing axographio
error: Not a recognized archive type: axographio
root@dmoose:/home/dramin1300/Desktop/axographio-0.1.1b1#

Kendrick Shaw

Dec 29, 2011, 5:58:34 PM12/29/11
to axogr...@googlegroups.com, dramin thirteenhundred
Hi Dramin,

Thanks for giving this software a try - I hope that it will be useful
for you.

I haven't seen this particular error before, and the install process
seems to be working on my machine (Ubuntu 11.04 x86_64). Thus we may
have to debug this over email. I noticed from the output that you sent
that doesn't say "searching for axographio". Is there a chance that you
downloaded axographio manually, and the file is in the current
directory? If so, the first thing to try would be to delete any
axographio related files that you downloaded manually and let
easy_install handle finding and downloading the file from the pypi
website.

Let me know if this works. If not, there's a manually installation
process we can try, but easy_install will be simpler if we can get it to
work.

best regards,
Kendrick Shaw