How to simulate an animation

Nick

Oct 21, 2008, 3:38:34 PM10/21/08
to Axure RP Design Library
Hi All,

Apologies for the cross-post, but I'm looking for help from anywhere I
can.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience creating animations
within Axure. I'm trying to recreate a drop down animation similar to
what's seen on the Abercrombie & Fitch site when a user clicks the Add
to Bag button (http://www.abercrombie.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/
product_10051_10901_429136_-1_12236_12202). Where a image slides down
from the menu bar. It's that sliding animation I'm trying to recreate.
Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Nick

Fred Beecher

Oct 21, 2008, 4:02:26 PM10/21/08
to ax...@googlegroups.com
You use the Wait action in combination with moving dynamic panels. So, e.g., OnClick you Wait X ms, then move a DP by X pixels, and so on and so on and so on.

The trick is that you have to set up a condition that is always true to get Axure to evaluate conditions sequentially.

F.

Sr. User Experience Consultant
Evantage Consulting
O: 612.230.3838 // M: 612.810.6745
IM: fbee...@gmail.com (google/msn) // fredevc (aim/yahoo)
T: http://twitter.com/fred_beecher

Loren Baxter

Oct 21, 2008, 4:02:52 PM10/21/08
to ax...@googlegroups.com
This post covers it:

http://axure.com/cs/forums/post/2643.aspx

Cheers,
Loren

Nick

Oct 21, 2008, 4:21:34 PM10/21/08
to Axure RP Design Library
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the answers, got it working now!

Cheers,

Nick