OS X Widget Library v1.0 released

bongwater

Oct 11, 2008, 12:27:36 PM10/11/08
to Axure RP Design Library
Found time to release v1.0 of my OS X widget library.

It's been placed under the creative commons license and can be
downloaded here:

http://www.archive.org/details/AriFeldmanArisOSXAxureRPWidgetLibrary

The library contains c. 155 distinct elements - all were created with
Axure's internal vector-drawing tools except for 5 bitmaps (3 cursors,
the TextEdit component and the Apple menu). The library is organized
into different categories:

* Menus Bars & Menus
* Buttons & Controls
* Forms & Input Fields
* Dialogs & Alerts
* Application Windows & Parts
* Generic Icons
* Cursors/Pointers

I've included most of the elements supported by OS X's Interface
Builder and have built several pre-made windows and system dialogs.

Enjoy.
Issues:

- The library is NOT pixel perfect/accurate due to the limitations
imposed by Axure's drawing tools. However, the output should be close
enough to allow you to create fairly high fidelity wireframes,
prototypes and specifications.

- The library does not adhere to Apple's Interface Design Guidelines
mainly due to the accuracy issues incurred by Axure's drawing tools.
Again, it should be good enough for most purposes.

Richard

Oct 11, 2008, 8:55:40 PM10/11/08
to Axure RP Design Library
Bongwater,

I have downloaded your OS X Widget Library. Thanks a lot!

Your library is so amazing that you create so many custom widgets.
After study your library , I understand why you want to save your
gradient settings. :)

After ungrouping the custom widget, then I have learned from your
library how to design the shadow effect to create more 3D widget, such
as Menu Drop Down or buttons,

BTW , when I open the RP file, all the masters are opened at wireframe
window. Although I know the function to close all wireframe canvases
at one time, it still need a little time to scroll to the bottom to
find the "close all" function.

Richard

Oct 11, 2008, 9:28:26 PM10/11/08
to Axure RP Design Library
If I push the "end' button instead of scrolling, It is easy to find
the "close all" function.

Luke Perman

Oct 12, 2008, 5:26:07 AM10/12/08
to ax...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ari,

This is an excellent piece of work - thanks for sharing it with us.
I'm sure it will be very useful! I'll have a proper dig through it
when I get some time.

To all: Sorry for the delay in uploading our first release of the
Axure Design Library. We're waiting for Google to finish ironing out
any issues with changing the group name, and making sure we get the
first release as right as possible.

Thanks for your patience :)

best regards,
Luke

bongwater

Oct 12, 2008, 8:16:11 AM10/12/08
to Axure RP Design Library
you're welcome.

Ari

Loren Baxter

Oct 13, 2008, 12:13:24 PM10/13/08
to ax...@googlegroups.com
Hey Ari,

Very impressive set of widgets, thanks for sharing them!

Best,
Loren

Erhard

Oct 23, 2008, 9:31:44 AM10/23/08
to Axure RP Design Library
Hi.
Thanks a lot for that amount of great work and for sharing it with the
community.
Size and details of your work are amazing.
Kr, Erhard

bongwater

Oct 24, 2008, 10:16:04 AM10/24/08
to Axure RP Design Library
thanks, you're welcome. more stuff coming when things ease up at my
day job.

Ari