TIP: Axure RP > Adobe Illustrator > Visio

lukeperman

Dec 22, 2008, 4:29:11 PM12/22/08
to Axure RP Design Library
It may interest some here to know that it is possible to export your
Axure wireframe into Visio. This should take care of some of the
arguments about using proprietary formats for your projects.

Essentially, you need to print your wireframe pages to PDF. If you
already have Adobe Acrobat Professional installed, there should be a
PDF printer automatically installed. If not, you can use a freeware
PDF printer on PC (I use 'BullZip', but there are loads out there).

In the Axure print dialog, I usually select 'Fit diagram(s) to page
width'.

Once you have your PDF, this can be opened very easily in Illustrator
as an editable vector image.

From there, it's a little trickier to get into Visio, but still
possible.

You need to save from Illustrator as SVG format. The exact options I
can't remember - so please experiment. But this is the format that
Visio can import. Be warned that the resulting file is a tad harder to
edit than the illustrator one was - due to every line of the file
becomes a separate object - but if the client absolutely insists on
Visio document - you can still provide one to them.

ttfn.

Chris Pallé

Dec 22, 2008, 11:19:16 PM12/22/08
to ax...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the tip. I wonder how OmniGraffle would handle the file...
--
Chris Pallé
Online Experience Professional